photo 1-1.jpg photo 2-1.jpg photo 1-new.jpg photo 2-wear.jpg photo 3-insp.jpg photo 4-meet.jpg photo 5-contact.jpg photo 6-adv.jpg photo 2-2.jpg photo 3-1.jpg

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Born to Shine

Photos by Breea

I know it's been a little quiet around here lately! I promise after next week that will be changing. We're moving into our offices in less than 5 days and after that we'll have sooo much more hair tutorials, fashion posts, business and life posts, fit friday posts... you guys it's going to be crazy and we're SO excited.

There was a time several years ago where I forgot my purpose in life.
I forgot my worth, my capabilities, my talents and my goals for my future.
I was depressed and hurt and looking back, I was a completely different person. A stranger
I was not confident, quiet, and was so caught up in how I felt that I forgot about how other people felt, and what I could do to help them.

A few months ago, my kids were completely different people than they are now.
When they first came to live with us they were insecure, unsure, and didn't know how to do basic kid things like play alone or with each other. 

I say they and I were "different people." What I really mean is that who we were supposed to be was clouded and fogged by pollution from life that made us forget who it was that we were. It's amazing what happens when that fog is lifted and someone helps guide you out of the confusion. When that happens, when you finally discover who you are and what capabilities you possess,
 you truly are able to live.

I know there are a lot of you out there who have that same pollution clouding the truth of who you really are. I know, because I read all of your emails. Some of you have forgotten why you are here, and where it is that you want to go.

I will tell you who you are.
You are wives and mothers.
You are important members of your communities who run PTA's, volunteer at local charities, 
teach your children, and taxi everyone to practices and recitals and school.
You have talents that others have no idea how to preform, you work quietly to serve others and often times forget about your own needs. You are beautiful, and even though it's hard to remember sometimes, you are  l o v e d. 
You stay up late taking care of sick kids, you listen for hours to friends who need help, 
you may not have much but you would willingly give it to someone else if they needed it.
You are smart and lovely and a blessing to people who surround you.
You're needed.
In more ways than you know.

And you were born to shine.

So step out from behind that cloud, and allow yourself to accomplish what you were created for.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful, thank you.

Diary of a Brown Eyed Girl said...

Beautiful. I want one!

she.is.the.one said...

very cool hoodies :)

blog she.is.the.one

Anonymous said...

Love the sweaters and your hair!
Your words are beautiful and something I needed to hear. Thank You!

Stephanie said...

Such a beautiful reminder! Thanks for the post!

Charis said...

Thank you for these words. Loving the sweaters!