Blazer&Dress-Thrifted, Sweater&Tights-Forever21, Shoes-Anne Franco,
Necklace- c/o LeMode Accessories
Lately I've been searching for more hope, more guidance,
more faith.
On Friday I was invited to go to a charity gala that
supported different Phoenix organizations.
I didn't know that it would be an answer to my prayers.
In 2009, an American journalist named Laura Ling
was captured in North Korea. It was all over the news,
and many feared that this American would never return home.
She was the main speaker at the event.
She spoke of her capture that lasted over 4 months;
about being drug across frozen ground,
while being beaten by foreign soldiers,
thinking she was being taken to her death.
She told of wanting to end her life,
because nothing had ever been so dark, so isolated, and so helpless.
She revealed the fear that filled her whole being,
and the complete devastation that shook her very core
when she was sentence to 12 years in a hard labor camp.
The night that she had learned of her fate,
she collapsed in a ball in the corner of her cell,
and cried.
She sobbed so hard that it hurt,
and she was left in despair.
In that very moment, a woman guard,
the very woman who was in charge
of keeping her in prison,
who was cold, anti-American, and cruel,
came up and touched her on the shoulder.
Their eyes meant, and for a moment,
the guard showed an ounce of compassion,
"You must never lose hope."
And then, the guard walked away.
We each have our own moments where
we feel prisoner to circumstances beyond our control.
We have our trials that make us weep so uncontrollably,
that it feels like it will never end-
but consume us forever.
Some of us go through things that our best friends don't even know,
while others feel beaten by years of feeling like we've fallen short,
only to get knocked down again.
To you I say,
"You must never lose hope."
It's hope that gives us light at the end of the tunnel
of complete blackness.
It's hope that stirs something within our souls
that makes us feel things will get better.
It's hope that makes dreams turn to legacies,
and weak men to be honored.
It's hope that gives us a reason to keep fighting for what we desire.
Let's support each other in our own journey to find more hope,
and help other women around us reach the things
that they are hoping for.
It's when we lift others that we truly learn
what life is all about.
Shine on,
you crazy diamonds.











20 comments:
Loved this post! Happy Monday!
xoxo
This is post is amazing...thanks for sharing:)
Wow. What a testimony!!!!! This is such a heartfelt post. Thank you so much for sharing it with us. Always such a great reminder. :)
this is inspiring. thanks for sharing!
first of all- LOVE the shoes.
secondly- what an inspiring post. i would love to read more of the story that Laura Ling shared, do you know where I could find it?
thank you for sharing such positive uplifting words.
Amazing post! Thank you for sharing.
that's so powerful! I don't know that I could have survived that.
Thanks for sharing that story Ashley.
CarissaExplainsItAll
Great post. I know there are so many out there that are ready to give up and have lost all hope. Thanks for always having a word of encouragement.
xo L.
This post took the words right out of my mouth & all I could do was cry while reading it. Thank you for sharing!
I love this! Hope can seem so far away or impossible at times but hope is always in front of us waving for us to take one more step towards something we can not see but we feel SO STRONG about! You bring hope to so many people in this world! I want to do more! I want to bring hope just like you! What can I do?
Love this! I bet she was an amazing speaker. I would love to hear more of her story.
Very insiring post. I can't imagine the hell she went through. Her message is beautiful because eveyone needs hope to survive, no matter where they are or who they are.
You are such a positive and motivational writer!!!!!!! This was a great post to read to start my week.
God bless!!
Kym
Oh wow. I wish I could have been there to hear about her experience first hand like that.
This is a great post, and it gives me hope.
Much needed. I have been losing hope lately and struggling with many things in my life. Sometimes I feel so lost in this world and left out. I am grateful to you for your words and I am grateful for the gospel because it makes me stronger when I believe there is a purpose to my life.
What an absolutely beautiful post. I love it.
Ashley, A very inspiring post, thanks so much for sharing. First time to your site - love it and I hope to be back :) Cheers!
wow that must have been incredible to hear her speak.
wow, what inspiration <3 God always provides just what we need at the right time, He knew you needed to hear that speech.
love this post. thank you.
Post a Comment