photo 1-1.jpg photo 2-1.jpg photo 1-new.jpg photo 2-wear.jpg photo 3-insp.jpg photo 4-meet.jpg photo 5-contact.jpg photo 6-adv.jpg photo 2-2.jpg photo 3-1.jpg

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Zoe's Tea Party

 

Okay, I'll give you a quick picture break and tell you about the most stressful event I've ever thrown in my life. You guys, I would much rather speak in front of hundreds of people, organize trunk shows and service projects than ever have to plan a 5 year old birthday party ever again!!! WHY are kid birthday parties so stressful? But let's be honest, look how happy Zoe is... it was worth all of the effort.

I have to admit that my sister and mom pulled through on the party big time. They made the invitations, put goodie bags together, got table and chairs to my house, Brooke stayed later the night before to put up decorations and spent HOURS making the cutest cake ever since Zoe had to have the perfect cake.

Zoe chose to have a tea party, so tea party it was. She would only invite boys on the condition that they were butlers. Make sure you see the picture below this, but my sisters father in law came dressed as a butler and would go to Zoe and say, "Miss Zoe, is there anything else I can get for you right now?" I was dying, it had to be the cutest thing ever.

You're probably wondering why this was so stressful for me if my sister and mom basically did everything. I don't have much of an explanation other than that it overwhelmed me and I wanted her to have the perfect day. All I was really in charge of was setting some stuff up and buying food... we had a brunch, and my dad made alll of the food.

So, the night before, I went and spent way too much money on 6 dozen eggs, 6 packages of bacon, tons of whipped cream, cheese and other stuff that needs to be in the fridge. I took a sigh of relief when the shopping trip was done. 3 hours later I realized I forgot birthday candles so hopped back into the car and saw all of the food that needed to be refridgerated sitting in the car. Mike and I had a miscommunication, and in the Arizona heat all of the party food would have made all the party guests leave my house puking their guts out. I was fuming mad... like sooooooo mad I seriously can't even put it in to words. It was really the only thing I was in charge of doing... and I blew it. 

All Zoe wanted was so wear a princess dress to her party so I took her to choose one a couple of weeks ago. I was laughing so hard because she literally chose the ugliest dress there, but whatever the princess wants, the princess gets on her special day. She woke up super early the day of her party because she was so excited, and when I was dressing her, she couldn't stop smiling.

Seeing Zoe so happy, and having so many people show up to support her and show her how happy they are that she was born and lives here now just made me so grateful and so happy. She deserves to be celebrated, and I couldn't be happier that she gets to spend her birthdays with us.

PS: I also made a cute photo booth back drop. Just had to redeem myself and get credit for something ;)

   
The butler. How cute is this?!
Vintage snack dishes I've been waiting to bust out for over 2 years! Perfect occasion for them.

8 comments:

KC Barnwell said...

custest thing i've ever seen. You're such a good momma.

Creative Raisins said...

Birthday parties are so crazy, you want them to be perfect and at the end of the day there is always a big smile on everyone's face and good memories were made. ~ Lisa

Stephanie McDonnell said...

I tend to agree, kids parties are so stressful. For me, I always stress about whether or not anyone shows up. One year every single person canceled at the last minute or simply did not show. Thankfully my daughter wasn't quite old enough to notice. I was there, her dad was there, her siblings were there, she was happy to have that. But they're older now and want their classmates. Now I have this fear of my child being absolutely devastated by none of their friends showing up.

I'm glad she got so much love and support though and had such a good time. Your dad was an absolute doll to play along!

XO,
Steph
www.newlymynted.com

kristinleighh said...

this was the cutest party ever!!! it looks like she had a blast!

kristinleighh said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Oh my goodness - so so so sweet! LOVE the cake and HAPPY BIRTHDAY ZOE!

Jessica and Stephan said...

I love the tea party idea, such a different spin on the normal party! Very cute! :)

It looks like it turned out wonderful, and I'm glad you're happy with the results :)

Charis said...

Belated birthday wishes to Zoe!