photo 1-1.jpg photo 2-1.jpg photo 1-new.jpg photo 2-wear.jpg photo 3-insp.jpg photo 4-meet.jpg photo 5-contact.jpg photo 6-adv.jpg photo 2-2.jpg photo 3-1.jpg

Monday, June 24, 2013

Pigtail Double Braid Hair Tutorial

It's been a while since I've done a hair tutorial! With Zoe and Shiloh running around now, it's been hard to balance time... but I think we're back in hair action and will start having more regular tutorials again.
If there's been anything you've been dying to learn, please let me know in the comments!!!
This hair tutorial is really simple. I was experimenting the other night, trying to find a braid that people who feel like they can't do more than a basic braid would find easy.
I figured it out... Hope you enjoy! ((also, fun contest for our first day of our 1 year Threads anniversary celebration!))
1. Start with your hair down, parted down the middle.
2. Do two pigtail braids and put in clear elastics at the end.
3. Pull your braid strands outward to loosen them up, and create a thicker braid.
4. Do it to both sides and bring your hair to the back.
5. Cross your pigtails, and continue twisting them together to the end of your hair.
6. Take out one of your pigtail elastics, and use it to join your pigtails together after your twisting is complete. There will be a funky space where you started twisting at your neck, so put a cute bow in there to hide it!

**Be sure to tag us on Instagram @theshineproject so we can see your finished hair!
It looks really cute in the front too....
Dress- c/o Chicwish, hair bow- c/o Aidies Hideaway

This week we celebrate our 1 year anniversary of Threads
We'll be doing contests and giveaways all week, and you can enjoy 20% off with code "celebration" until Sunday night! Our first contest starts today.

One of you will have your choice of one of our new charm bracelets that we'll be releasing tomorrow!
To enter, just pin this hair tutorial onto your Pinterest board. We'll be going through the links and choosing the winner!
**Contest ends Tuesday the 25th at midnight**

32 comments:

Marla Garibay said...

I pinned this tutorial, and I can't wait to try this hairstyle out...so stinking cute!
http://m.pinterest.com/pin/11962755233342446/

jennifer.essad said...

Hi - the link to my board: http://pinterest.com/4jlessad/my-shine-project/ thanks for a chance to win and best wishes for many more years of tutorials/blogs

Carly said...

Love this!!! I'm definitely trying it!

Carly
www.lipglossandcrayons.com

Unknown said...

How exciting it's already been a year! I will be ordering some items super soon. =) My friend is getting married and I think it would be just adorable to get her a bracelet with the letter of her new last name.

Unknown said...

Looks adorable!! Just have to wait for my hair to grow out first! http://pinterest.com/pin/236861261625092815/

Allie | LunaVida said...

I love this tutorial and braid!
Here is my pin to enter the giveaway: http://pinterest.com/pin/165859198750010854/

xo,
-Allie
http://lunavida23.blogspot.com/

Priscilla said...

Cute!
http://pinterest.com/pin/356839970445578071/

lauren ashley said...

I was going to pin this anyway but I guess a contest is an added bonus!

http://pinterest.com/pin/39265827974168878/

Maddie said...

I really love how it looks! Thank's for sharing! :)

callmemaddie.blogspot.com

Chrystina said...

You know, these tutorials are actually the reason that I'm attempting to grow my hair out, I just don't think I'm ever going to be able to get it that long. I have a feeling I'm going to give up sometime around September, but we'll see. Your hair looks awesome though :)

Anonymous said...

Yay! What an awesome contest! Here's my link: http://pinterest.com/pin/182888434840672949/

Qbaza said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Aguś said...

I pinned this amazing tutorial!
Thank You!
http://pinterest.com/pin/17521886023377372/

Kate Bartholomew said...

Such a great idea!! I'm trying to grow my hair out so I can do fun braids..thanks for the giveaway and many blessings for a great 2nd year of Threads! {keep shining}--Kate (kateteab@yahoo.com)
http://pinterest.com/pin/214343263488151392/

Katie said...

Oh thank you so much for a hair tutorial for those of us who can't seem to do anything more than a basic braid. I had to pin it (and will probably wear it later today:)

http://pinterest.com/pin/564849978234724302/

keshakeke said...

I love this hairstyle! I pinned it too:) http://pinterest.com/pin/118993615127127300/
keshakeke(at)gmail(dot)com

Anonymous said...

Heу there. Sorry to bother you but I hapρened to
run across уοuг blog website and ԁiscоvereԁ you're using the exact same theme аs me.
The only problem is on my website, I'm unable to get
the page layout looking like yours. Would you mind
contacting me at: chiquita_wile@bigstгing.com
so I can get this figured out. Bу the way I have bookmarked your site: http://www.blogger.com/comment.g?postID=2472810883064452893&blogID=7475068768339226082 and will be visiting
frequently. Thanks!!

Look at mу wеb site - Buy Fat Burning Furnace

Anonymous said...

I love it when people come together and share ideas.
Great site, keep it up!

Here is my page Work From Home

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! Awesome article dude! Many thanks, However I am experiencing issues with your RSS.
I don't understand the reason why I can't join it. Is there anyone else having the same
RSS problems? Anyone who knows the answer can you kindly respond?
Thanks!!

My web-site - warez Links (nitrowarez.com)

Anonymous said...

May I just say what a comfort to disciver somene who genuinely knowes whuat they are talking about on the internet.

Yoou actually understand howw to bring an issue to light and make it important.
A lot more people havee to read this and understand this sire of tthe story.

I can't believe you aren't more popular because you most certainly
possess the gift.

Feel free to surf to my web-site best minecraft servers hunger games 1.6.2

Anonymous said...

Great information. Lucky me I found your blog
by accident (stumbleupon). I've bookmarked it for later!



Visit my web-site :: over the counter appetite suppressant pills

Anonymous said...

cula, la insіstencia de loѕ dos para tener la casa es cоmo
un empleadօ que continuɑ ɑ trabajar abajo un jefe quien no tiene
respeto para ssu trabajo. One of the most frequently confronted problems
with numerous burning softwaгe rogram is you will gеt out-of-date veгsions which are not establishеd, shоrtage free automobile
revisions, extented downloads and also іnstallation procedure,
goods that absence chaгacteristіcs wіth no cսstοmer
care. So it was tҺis wonderful hybridization off reаlity and fidtion on the road from
Alabama to Baton Rouge, Louisiana.

Anonymous said...

I feel that is among the so much significant info for me.
And i am glad reading your article. But want to statement on few normal issues, The site
taste is perfect, the articles is really great : D. Excellent
job, cheers

Also visit my web blog - how to generate leads

Anonymous said...

Just a few moments for my Gather buddies about Spark
People. Here's how to eat apple pie and pizza while losing pound after
pound, week after week. Instead, start off by looking
for one bad eating habit that you have every day - and
break it.

Here is my web page: weight lose ()

Anonymous said...

Attractіve section of content. I just stumbled upon your weblog and in accession capital to
asseгt that I get in fact njoyed account your blog posts.
Anyy way I'll be suƅscribing to your augmnt and еven I achievement you
access consistеntly rapidly.

Here is mƴ ѡebsitе bad credit loan

Anonymous said...

What i don't understood is in fact how you are now not
actually a lot more well-liked than you might be right now.
You are very intelligent. You realize thus significantly
with regards to this topic, made me individually imagine it from numerous numerous angles.
Its like men and women aren't fascinated until it
is one thing to accomplish with Girl gaga! Your individual stuffs nice.
All the time handle it up!

My web site; new balance 574 precio

Anonymous said...

You know, these tutorials are actually the reason that I'm attempting to grow my hair out, I just don't think I'm ever going to be able to get it that long. I have a feeling I'm going to give up sometime around September, but we'll see. Your hair looks awesome though :)

شركة مقاولات بالرياض
تغليف اثاث
نقل اثاث بالرياض
تنظيف خزانات بجدة
شركة تخزين اثاث بجدة
تنظيف شقق بجدة
رش المبيدات حشرية مكة
http://www.shahrany.org
شركة تنظيف خزانات بالرياض

Anonymous said...

You know, these tutorials are actually the reason that I'm attempting to grow my hair out, I just don't think I'm ever going to be able to get it that long. I have a feeling I'm going to give up sometime around September, but we'll see. Your hair looks awesome though :)

شركة مقاولات بالرياض
تغليف اثاث
نقل اثاث بالرياض
تنظيف خزانات بجدة
شركة تخزين اثاث بجدة
تنظيف شقق بجدة
رش المبيدات حشرية مكة
http://www.shahrany.org
شركة تنظيف خزانات بالرياض

Anonymous said...

You know, these tutorials are actually the reason that I'm attempting to grow my hair out, I just don't think I'm ever going to be able to get it that long. I have a feeling I'm going to give up sometime around September, but we'll see. Your hair looks awesome though :)
شركة تنظيف بالرياض
نقل عفش بالرياض
here
شركة عزل اسطح بالأحساء
شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالدمام
شركة تنظيف موكيت بمكة
here
here

Anonymous said...

You know, these tutorials are actually the reason that I'm attempting to grow my hair out, I just don't think I'm ever going to be able to get it that long. I have a feeling I'm going to give up sometime around September, but we'll see. Your hair looks awesome though :)
شركة تنظيف بالرياض
نقل عفش بالرياض
here
شركة عزل اسطح بالأحساء
شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالدمام
شركة تنظيف موكيت بمكة
here
here

Anonymous said...

You know, these tutorials are actually the reason that I'm attempting to grow my hair out, I just don't think I'm ever going to be able to get it that long. I have a feeling I'm going to give up sometime around September, but we'll see. Your hair looks awesome though :)
here
here

Unknown said...

The selection of the 2015 annual uggs outlet retirement livable countries, South American countries Air Jordan 11 Gamma Blue of Ecuador composite score 92.7 Christian Louboutin Bois Dore points once again Christian Louboutin Daffodile become the most livable countries in North America retirees. Among them, Ecuador christian louboutin remise 50% on climate and housing indicators get out, get a ugg pas cher score discount nike jordans of 96 special benefits in the elderly."International cheap nike jordan shoes Living" magazine, said the discount christian louboutin low cost of living is Bags Louis Vuitton one of the biggest advantages of Ecuador. There, "to see a ugg soldes doctor only wholesale jordan shoes needs about $ 10, the lowest for a Discount Louis Vuitton meal in a ugg australia restaurant uggs on sale as long as 250 Cheap Louis Vuitton Handbags dollars; including rent included, an American couple in the cost of living here is just $ 1,400 a month."In addition, older people in all Cheap LV Handbags aspects of life can enjoy special benefits, but also Ecuador cheap christian louboutin praiseworthy. For example, over 65 years old to purchase from Ecuador christian louboutin shoes flights can enjoy discounts, watch Discount LV Handbags movies or cheap jordans participate in sports activities to ugg boots enjoy half-price concessions in the christian louboutin country.In the low ugg cost of living, while Ecuador there are many world-renowned natural and cultural attractions, as settlers provide the perfect entertainment choice.