(Mike suggested we go shopping together to buy a new outfit for our anniversary dinner.
I just wasn't mad about it. Whole outfit from Forever21)
This week one of my sweet blog readers tweeted me and said,
"Someone paid for my friend's food in line and gave her a Pass it Forward card!
She was shocked that I knew what it was, and I got all giddy for her."
Okay guys, that is seriously awesome with a million exclamation points after it.
We're spreading the shine to people who are excited to receive it and pass it forward,
and I can't wait to see the ripple effect of this.
If you haven't read about Pass it Forward yet, click HERE.
Here's my Pass it Forward moment of the week:
Mike and I took a couple of girls in the youth group that I teach to an art festival
in downtown Phoenix over the weekend.
I had bought a pie from one of my students who sells them to help out her family,
and figured we'd brighten up someones day with it.
We were on a mission to choose our most favorite art vendor,
and prize them with the pie and a pass it forward card.
I actually happened to personally know the winner that we ended up choosing...
and she was sooo excited to pass it forward.
I want to hear if you've used your card yet!
Let's spread this.
*and don't forget to document on spreadtheshine.com what you've done with your card!













10 comments:
you ALWAYS look so gorgeous in all your photos! i especially love your signature side braid, totally adorable!
hugs, xo!
** BARBIE-BOMBSHELL.BLOGSPOT.COM **
how do i get a card!??!?!
I love that dress, it's gorgeous! Was it a recent buy?
The Pass It Forward concept sounds great, I love that idea!
Amelia @ UGLY DUCKLING x
Come say hey at Ducklingtoswan.com!
Great idea! And you look gorgeous.
http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com
You are so sweet. I love your outfit!!!
I passed it forward by making a contribution to our rescue mission. I made my donation and filled out the place mat with one of my favorite bible verses "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11. I can only hope that the person who sits down to eat Easter dinner off this place mat is inspired and will take with them the gift I have given, and pass it forward to someone else!
Adorable outfit as always :) I wish I could steal all of your clothes haha!
I love your dress--so pretty!
And I love hearing the pass it forward stories--they always mkae me smile and help me to remember how a little things can make such a difference :)
This is such a lovely idea!!
I love your outfit!
Post a Comment