photo 1-1.jpg photo 2-1.jpg photo 1-new.jpg photo 2-wear.jpg photo 3-insp.jpg photo 4-meet.jpg photo 5-contact.jpg photo 6-adv.jpg photo 2-2.jpg photo 3-1.jpg

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Let's Do This.

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
New Bronze Chain SHINE Necklace- HERE

The past few months have been a great giant leap forward for The Shine Project.
The power of social media resulting in change has been proven over and over again
as we've raised awareness and thousands of dollars for the scholarship fund.
Planning the SHINE tour around the country has been so fun,
and I've been blessed to meet some of you, and look forward to meeting
many of you throughout the year.

I believe in growth, and continuing to push yourself out of your comfort zone to get there.
My dream forever and ever and ever has been to be on the Ellen show.
Could you imagine if The Shine Project was able to reach hundreds of thousands of people that way?
Could you image how many more lives we could change,
how many more events could be planned,
and how much more money we could raise for our sweet students?
If The Shine Project received national attention like that, we could be the voice
for so many, and raise more awareness for CHANGE.

Well friends, I've been feeling like the time is now to make this happen.
So here's the plan that a few sweet friends and I have come up with...
Next Wednesday, I will be writing a post called Dear Ellen.
It will be written to her, explaining about TSP, our purpose, and why we want to come on her show.
Here's why I'm telling you this:
I need your help in getting her attention to see it.

Just think... If thousands of us are tweeting her the link, someone from the show is bound
to read the post. It's just a matter of making it visible to them.
This is a huge leap of faith, I know.
But I have it.
And it's ready to explode.

I know that if each one of us commits to merely tweeting her next Weds the link to the post,
and writing in to the show (I'll give the link)
we could seriously SERIOUSLY bring major attention to the work that we're trying to accomplish.
I want to change more lives.
And I know that you do to.

So, here's the question...

Are you with me?

62 comments:

Erin @ Living In Yellow said...

So so with you. Ths is the best idea ever. Ellen is my favorite. Oh my gosh, I'm squirming with excitement right now. This will happen :)

A Little Piece of Me said...

Yes I'm with you!!!!

Anonymous said...

Best. Idea. Ever. I'm in :)

bnfunky said...

I'm in!!!!

Unknown said...

I'm in

Mindi said...

Totally with you! (and I just purchased my first shine necklace last week.. the one for 8*16*08 :)
LOVE your project!!

★ JASMINE ★ said...

GREAT IDEA!!

Supporting you 1000%!

xoxoxo

Truly His said...

I am with you!!!! :) Lets do this!

Brittney - The Luycx's said...

I'm with you..I have faith this can happen! :)

Lauren Nicole said...

YES!

miss flibbertigibbet said...

I think she'll love it...she is so generous...keeping fingers crossed!
Lorraine

Unknown said...

definitely in!!! :)

Erika @ rouge + whimsy said...

Ah! #shine is going to be trending!! So glad you're doing it!

Bree said...

YAY! I am definitely with you :) Keeping my fingers and toes crossed!

Anonymous said...

All in girl!! What a wonderful opportunity this would be!!

Unknown said...

I am SO IN! Let's get you and TSP on Ellen!

Jamie W said...

Yes!!!!

Ashlee @ ashleenikol.com said...

You've got my help! Let's do this!

The Little Flapper said...

I think that's an amazing idea. It would inspire a whole movement of kindness and compassion for others.
I do have to wonder though if your ideas of gay marriage have changed though? I know it's a very personal subject, and I don't mean to be controversial. But in order to impact others and truly love our neighbor we have to realize and speak up to the injustices and prejudices gay and lesbian people go through daily.

Best Wishes :)

Kara Renee said...

So great! Can't wait to help!

Unknown said...

Done!! Maybe if we all get Ellen's attention and she has you on the show you could suggest Dave as a musical guest ;) He is dying to be on Ellen!

Lindsay @ Trial By Sapphire said...

I'm with you! Let's get this letter to Ellen to go viral! WAHOO!

Renee Arianna said...

Best idea ever! Love Ellen! I have no doubts that she will see it and want you on the show!

Ellie Coburn said...

I adore this idea. I adore you. Already on spreading the word.

love friend!

-Ellie

Tasha said...

Yes, definitely with you.

Hilary @ Hilabeans said...

I'm with you Ash!!! I love the Shine project and I will do anything to support you! :)

Mike said...

I am in too!!!!!!!!!

Heather said...

count me in! THIS Wednesday, or next?

Who is G? said...

Okey Dokey...I've thought that you needed to go on her show for a long time now. What you are doing is certainly her cup of tea.

Bree said...

With you all the way!!!

Cassie @ Live.Laugh.L0ve. said...

I'm in!

Unknown said...

YES YES YES!!!!

Unknown said...

This idea is genius. I know it's going to happen, I can just feel it! And I am all about tweeting Ellen. I feel like I do on a daily basis anyway! Can't wait to see you on the show someday!

♥Abbey
Along Abbey Road

Ronnilynn70 said...

Yes please! I'm in

Ronnilynn70 said...

Yes please !!! I'm in

Lauren Cooper said...

Im so with you girl!! definitely tweeting!! :)

tippeecanoe.com

CoastWithMe said...

Honey, let's do this and get you on the Ellen Show! Shine on:)

CoastWithMe said...

Honey, let's do this and get you on the Ellen Show! Shine on:)

Piril Maria said...

Yes! H*** why not? =) I loved to dosomething little for something so BIG and AWESOME as TSP.

thebookness.com

Lauren said...

What a great idea! I will definitely support this! Best of luck :) I love watching her show.

Anonymous said...

I am with u!!! Let's do it ;D xox

Aubrey said...

lets do it!!!

~*Nicole*~ said...

Definitely with you on this one!! What a difference it could make!!

Unknown said...

I am so with you--Ellen will not know what has hit her ;)

Life's Moments said...

this is an awesome idea! she will love the shine project! you go girl! I am with you!

jess said...

I'm with you!

the hollie rogue said...

with you! ellen will fall in love with you and The Shine Project--guaranteed!

Anonymous said...

I'm with you!!

Nicole said...

I am totally in!

Anonymous said...

This is so awesome. I'm in! Let's do this. Get Ashley on Ellen is a go!

Pamela said...

YES!! Love the idea!! Love Ellen!

Hanna said...

Your gorgeous Ash....Hey I just posted my experience about my first 1/2 marathon

http://www.bouffeebambini.blogspot.com/2012/03/i-have-dream.html

....I'd love to hear your feedback cause I know you did one too!!! On my way to the full marathon now....7 weeks away....YIKES! love you girl!!!

Princess of the King said...

I'm so excited about this project! I'm totally with you!

kittykerri said...

This is a great idea!!

Ash said...

of course i'm with you, ash!!! i couldn't think of a better program/avenue for the shine project..

keep it up girl!!

Heather @ Finding Beauty in the Ordinary said...

Yes! So excited! And I'm loving the new necklace! So wonderful seeing you this weekend! xo

haili hunter said...

I'm on board! Ellen is my FAVORITE!!

Sydney said...

Im in!

Larissa @ Living in Color | A Lifestyle Blog said...

this is so exciting! I would love to join this movement- and guess what there's more good news.. I'm moving to Phoenix in two months! I cannot wait to contribue to this wonderful cause. You're very inspiring!
xo, elle from Living in Color.

Nicole said...

Absolutely!!! Anything can be accomplished with a little bit of faith :)

Katie {Party of Four} said...

BEST IDEA EVER! I love Ellen and I think that she would love to have such an amazing person like yourself on her show! I will do all that I can to help you.

I was so happy to meet you this past weekend. You are truly inspiring and even more caring and beautiful in person.

Love ya so much!
Katie

Lisa Price said...

This post is fab! I absolutely love your blog, now following religiously. Keep up the amazing posts. Xo.

www.lisapriceinc.com