photo 1-1.jpg photo 2-1.jpg photo 1-new.jpg photo 2-wear.jpg photo 3-insp.jpg photo 4-meet.jpg photo 5-contact.jpg photo 6-adv.jpg photo 2-2.jpg photo 3-1.jpg

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Bloggers in Real Life: Sometimes Sweet

Photobucket
Creating, sharing, and inspiring connects us all together. Every day we are drawn to blogs that make us feel something, and we take a little piece of it with us. Behind every one of our favorite blogs, there's a person. A person with real emotions, fears, goals, and weird quirks that we never really get to experience first hand. We've brought together your favorite bloggers to give you a more intimate take on their lives, so you can catch the little details that make them who they are. Every Wednesday, we'll be capturing the lives of the people behind your daily reads in a way that you wont experience anywhere else.
So get ready. We have lots to share! xoxo
Each week on Casey's blog, you will hear a more personal story about one of your favorite bloggers.... why they are the way they are, stories on loss or happiness, struggles or triumphs...we want to have them share the happiest moment of their life, or a time that they grew stronger because of an enormous trial placed in their path.

On my blog, they will be sharing any advice they have for you readers. It can be about fashion, being a mom or wife, how to grow your blog, how to start your own business, etc. Whatever their niche is, you will hear their expert advice!
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Today, Dani from Sometimes Sweet is leaving some sweet, sweet advice.
If you've never read her blog before, get ready for a new fav...

Before I became a Mom I used to pride myself on my extreme multi-tasking. I was a high school English teacher before I left to become a full time stay-at-home mama, and there were many nights you could find me grading papers, sipping tea, texting friends, having a conversation with my hubby, and watching The Real Housewives of Somewhere, all at once. And doing it well! It was crazy. I felt like I couldn't get water out of the fridge without also rearranging part of it- I couldn't go to the grocery store without stopping by Target and the post office too. I was go-go-go, and I loved it. I thought of myself as efficient, successful, and a total go-getter.

Then I had a baby.
A couple of weeks after my son Henry was born I found myself in his room one late night, rocking him slowly in the sage green glider I'd received for my baby shower. I had my little guy carefully laying in my left arm, while I emailed on my iphone with my right. Since H. came into the world I found that I could get a lot done during his marathon nursing sessions, and even more during the hour or two he liked to be rocked at night. So I sat there, in that chair, holding my baby boy in one arm and trying so hard to get it all done with the other. Then suddenly this blinding realization came to me. I will never, ever have this moment again. Ever. Henry will never be 16 days old, so tiny and new, laying in my arms, his tiny bow mouth slightly open, eyes closed, making the sweestest little cooing sounds. This was it. And I was wasting every precious second of these special moments trying to empty my ever-full inbox.

I put down my phone and continued rocking my boy, thinking about time. How fragile it is. How fleeting it is. How in a way, I was trying to master it, trying to multi-task so I could feel ahead of the game and in control of my life. When in reality, I was letting so many important moments pass me by.

I rocked Henry that night for another hour or so, and I thought long and hard about the kind of mother I wanted to be. I thought about the kind of wife I wanted to be. I realized that to be my best self, I needed to slow down and start to appreciate the little moments in my world. To rock my son to sleep and take in the smell of his hair, his breath on my neck, the feel of his tiny little arms wrapped around me. To sit with my husband and just be. Hold his hand and put my head on his chest. Watch a movie on date night all the way through, without checking my phone, thinking of my to-do list, or wondering what's next.

And that really sums it up. Not wondering what's next. My challenge to myself was to move into the now. To just be, and to enjoy all of the beautiful moments in my day. To sit and eat my breakfast and really taste it. To go on a walk with Henry and really feel the Autumn breeze and smell the pumpkin pie baking somewhere in the neighborhood. To see the clouds and hear the trees moving in the wind.

Since becoming a Mom I feel like my world has only gotten better. It's amazing to think how one little person can change everything, how he or she can bring so much joy into your life. I'm so thankful for Henry for so many reasons, but especially for teaching me to slow down and really enjoy this life.

So my challenge to you is simple; slow down. Take it all in. Not later, not tomorrow. But now. If you're anything like me, it's a good reminder to look around you and see every little bit of this beautiful world set out before us. It's truly amazing.
Here's the link to my twitter, I'd love to send readers over there too in addition to my blog. <3
Follow Dani on Twitter HERE
Go visit Dani's blog HERE
Read Part 2, her personal story on Casey's blog HERE
*comments turned off so you can go introduce yourself and leave some love!
---------------------------------------------------
*Come help us raise college scholarship money for The Shine Project Fund in our online raffle! Over $500 worth of prizes, and it's only $1 to enter! Enter HERE

**ANNND TOMORROW is The Shine Event in Chandler, Arizona. PLEASE come if you live in AZ..more event information HERE!