photo 1-1.jpg photo 2-1.jpg photo 1-new.jpg photo 2-wear.jpg photo 3-insp.jpg photo 4-meet.jpg photo 5-contact.jpg photo 6-adv.jpg photo 2-2.jpg photo 3-1.jpg

Monday, May 9, 2011

Our Circle of Influence

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Did you know that we become like the five people we spend the most time with? This is called our "circle of influence", because these people are who influence our thoughts, beliefs, behaviors, and attitude.

Think about the five people you are around the most. Do they motivate, inspire, and encourage you? Or are they "energy suckers"? When we surround ourselves with positive people, that positivity rubs off on us, and we have a better outlook life. To become a LEADER, it is important to have people in our "circle of influence" that help us get there. We gain energy and encouragement from them, and they bring out our strenghts.

On the contrary, "energy suckers" rob us of our full potential. When we surround ourselves with people who whine, are negative, and bring us down, we start to view our lives negatively. We focus more on our weaknesses, and have lower self-esteem.

This weekend was full of beautiful friends...These past couple of months I've been so busy, that my friend time has seriously lacked.I kept telling my husband that I felt so sad because of not being able to spend time with some friends who mean a lot to me. Being with them reminded me of how happy it makes me to be with people who lift me up.

Your challenge this week is to evaluate your five closest relationships, and see what you need to do to bring more positivity in your life. Do these people lift you up? Or do they bring you down? Think about what needs to change in your "circle of influence." It is also important to start becoming the type of person that others would want in their circle of influence. Choose a characteristic of leadership this week that you want to focus on, so that you will be able to add even more depth and strength to the relationships that you have. Let's be the type of people that BRING UP our friends, and encourage them to reach higher levels of strength. We wont do a link-up party with this one on Friday so that your feelings can remain confidential :)

And THANK YOU... for the positivity and encouragement that you all bring into my life.

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this challenge. "Energy suckers" are no fun at all!

Taylor Morgan said...

I love you!! SO good seeing you!! come visit us in NYC ASAP!! xoxo.

Gentri said...

This is so true. I've seen it in my life as well as my family and close friends. Thank you for this challenge. :) I'm having a huge giveaway over at my
Blog right now and would love if you entered!! :D Gentrilee.blogspot.com

Heather Mullin said...

What a great post Ashley! No energy sucker friends that are close! But I will be evaluating it this week!
Have a wonderful week girl! :)

Mommy of 9 said...

Your words ,your beauty,confidence and grace inspire me to be a better woman. I love you Ms Ash.. Always an forever my world is a better place because of you being in it..

Miss Amy said...

I'm really bummed that I missed Brooke, Sara and Taylor. :( LOVED seeing you though! xoxo

Dana said...

This is just what I needed today :)

danalovestobake.blogspot.com

Hailey said...

I have that butterfly shirt! :)

Alexis Kaye said...

That's crazy interesting! Thanks! Also, Sara is one of the coolest people ever :)

Bailey Schneider said...

This has really inspired me. I can honestly say that I am NOW surrounded by the most beautiful, wonderful, down-to-earth souls. I am blessed. It's taken me a while to get this circle, but now that I have... life is just magnificent!

Thank you for this beautiful post!

Much love, Bailey from Vanilla Blonde

suzie q. said...

This challenge is awesome. I have thought a lot about this with various folks in my life and even left my last job in part because of the effect it was having on my attitude.

MJ said...

Okay I now found your blog from FB....you so rock! I wish you werent on the otherside of the country! I look forward to following you here & on FB!

MJ
Lucky 7 Design

Melissa: Write it in Lipstick said...

I love this, at the time I live far away from my family and friends who I usually hang out with but I like to think they influence me for the better.

Carolyn said...

I love this challenge! Count me in :)

pegasus_aprilof84 said...

I found your blog on the Grammy Girlfriend Blog and I became a follower, I would love for you to check my blog out http://shandassweepsandfreebies.blogspot.com/

Jill said...

Hi! My name is Jill and I am a mother of 2, one here on earth and one watching from above.

I came across your blog from Raven's post about your SHINE project and I absolutely LOVE it and will be purchasing a few necklaces for my friends and I. What a beautiful thing you are doing. I wish more people in this world can be like you. There is just not enough.

I liked this post, and I liked the "energy suckers" post. If its okay, I wanted to take the first two paragraphs from your blog or so explaining about that, and I PROMISE I will "QUOTE" them and post your blog as well, to my facebook. I just loved how you explained it and would love for others to see this!

Thank you! btw, you are gorgeous!

Catherine said...

This is such a great thought and thing to think about constantly. I have a friend that can be an energy sucker and I know she is going through hard things, but sometimes I have the hardest time being around her because she can be so rude to me. I don't know what to do, but I try to just let her know I love her and let all of her negativity just roll off my shoulders.

Unknown said...

okay, this could not have come at a more important time for me.. I have really been thinking about this a lot lately and there are things that I NEED to change, I just don't know how to do it.

I would love any advise you could spare me..
my email is peacefullyhooked@gmail.com

thank you!!
Sarah Murdock

murdockmemoirs.blogspot.com

Ashley@The Vanilla Tulip said...

Just found your blog through Casey Wiegand's. Love it!!! I'm now a follower!