photo 1-1.jpg photo 2-1.jpg photo 1-new.jpg photo 2-wear.jpg photo 3-insp.jpg photo 4-meet.jpg photo 5-contact.jpg photo 6-adv.jpg photo 2-2.jpg photo 3-1.jpg

Monday, March 7, 2011

Cheer For Your Enemies

Before reading this week's SHINE challenge,
watch this video.
It is what will give us inspiration to complete this challenge!
My outlook has completely changed this week.
By the way, I spent forever trying to embed the video right on my site.
Couldn't do it! So we're gonna go old school,
and you'll have to actually click on the link :)


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52AOPQvCTv4&feature=player_embedded

Throughout our lives,
we will experience negative comments and criticism
from others who want to bring us down.
Whether the negativity is a result of jealousy, insecurities, or pride,
we never know what trials our "enemies" are going through
that affects them.
I love this video because a group of kids who
never were cheered for,
had no parent support,
and felt like outsiders,
finally had a group of people go out of their way to show them love.
It will affect them for the rest of their lives,
and, in fact,
might be the only time anyone ever cheers for them.
When negativity is brought into our lives from other people
we have two choices:
Dwell on it and be brought down,
or look for positive characteristics in the opposing person,
and realize that perhaps they have nobody cheering for them.
Here's where this week's challenge comes in.
This week, we are going to
CHEER FOR OUR ENEMIES.
Think of ways that you could go out of your way
to help or support someone
who has caused you stress or negativity in your life.
I know it can be hard,
but I PROMISE it will change your life.
Let's do this :)

THE WINNER OF THE MAMA JILL NECKLACE IS
KATRINA MARIE!
Email me your shipping address asap! Congrats girl!

Due to our anniversary post yesterday,
last week's challenge results will be posted tomorrow!

18 comments:

Ashley Slater said...

what a great video :) love your posts, as usual!

Molly S. said...

Love the video. Crazy how one group of people doing something so simple can change lives. Thanks for inspiring.

Unknown said...

Great Challenge and great video! very inspiring!

Rissy said...

hey hun! if you want to embed you just click "share" underneath the video on youtube... it gives you a blogger option. If you click that, it brings up a new post page, but I usually just take the HTML coding and copy and paste to the post I've already started. K love you now I'm going to read the post

CarissaExplainsItAll

Rissy said...

wow that video gave me goose bumps, and pulled at my heart strings.

I would really like to try and get over the hurt I have experienced in the past, and stop harboring negative feelings towards an "enemy." Guess this will be the week for it.

CarissaExplainsItAll

Unknown said...

What a wonderful post -- you are amazing!

Alisha said...

What a great video, and for that team to cheer for the them? That is really inspirational!! They were showed so much love and encouragement it raised their spirits up. That is awesome.
Thanks for reminding me to cheer for my enemies!
xoxo

Alexis Kaye said...

I totally needed to hear this! I'm linking it to my blog today! I hope you don't mind! Oh, and about the homeless man story, I haven't sent anything because I've been in the hospital and what not. I don't have any pictures to show you, but you're still welcome to share the story if you'd like :)

Anonymous said...

Love this positivity!!! :)

ginger said...

Excellent advice. I am very close to a person who frequently dumps on my ambitions, even though I do my best to support hers. I was hurt at first, but have been trying extra hard to be understanding and encouraging. It hasn't changed her behavior, but I feel like a load has been lifted.


creambyginger.blogpot.com

kimbirdy said...

i love this so much and i'm so glad you are making a point of this on your blog! if becoming a therapist has taught me anything, it's that people are not "bad," but are reacting out of a wounded heart. it's amazing what a little kindness and compassion can do for someone who is trying to protect themselves or are acting out in anger. like that song, "put a little love in your heart!" :)

Bonnie said...

I just ignored a lady who made a rude comment to me in the post office today...see my facebook post. I feel better about not being rude back!

A Crimson Kiss said...

What amazing advice-I love it!

Some Korean Website Highjacker said...

Ashley, you have such a knack for touching on a serious topic with grace and educating us at the same time while imparting a completely relatable scenario.

the harsh reality of negativity or bullying makes my stomach twist in knots of disgust and i just shake my head not understanding this cruelty whatsoever. cheers to you once again for tackling the injustice of it all and taking on this radical challenge.

many well wishes for such a worthy purpose! i'm with you 100% and will most definitely continue to work on this sublime state of being. xo ♥

ashley @ little miss momma said...

love this challenge! I couldn't get the video to work :( it said it was private.

xoxo,
ashley

klawellin said...

Love this challenge too...but didn't get to watch the video. It also said it was private...I would love to see it.

Thanks!!
Kimberly

Jess said...

I third not being able to see the video! Can you let us know the title, so we can search for it?

Lauren {whimsy lane} said...

Normally I would never admit my obsession with The Real Housewives franchise on Bravo, but the other day while watching New Jersey, one of them said something that resonated with me. She said all the stars in the sky shine bright. One does not take away the brightness of the others. I loved that because sometimes we need reminding that there is enough success and happiness out there for all of us.