


For whatever reason, these past couple days have been rough!
But, I learned something...
All you need is love.
Okay, take that in the least cheesy way possible please.
Let me tell you why.
On three different occasions,
at the peak of being frusterated,
an act of love gave me just what I needed to calm down.
This first one might make you giggle.
Here's my top 3 love stories:
1. Two days ago I got home and was just aggitated! I figured I'd go check the mail,
and got there at the same time this cute OLD man did.
I'd never seen him before, but he just kept smiling at me.
I opened my box to nothing but ads, and I joked with him,
"They never end do they!"
"They never end do they!"
He looked at me and said with a HUGE grin,
"After coming to this same mailbox for alll of these years,
this is the first time I've seen someone so pretty."
I blushed, and giggled, and my day suddenly got better from those simple little words.
2. Yesterday I came home grumpier than the day before!
I promise I'm not a grinch, I just felt like it for a couple of days!
I had a dilema I was trying to figure out when my phone rang,
but I didn't answer it because I didn't recognize the number.
A few minutes later I had a feeling to check the message,
and it was a lady we know
who really needed a ride to pick up her kids from school.
I thought, ya right, I can't do this right now!
The thought to go help her kept flooding my mind,
which was consumed with nothing other than myself...
The angel on my shoulder won the arguement,
so I took her to pick up her kiddos.
It put me in THE BEST mood!
AND when I got home, I had an email that I had been waiting for,
which was the solution to my problem.
3. My sister had my whole family over for dinner last night. It was wonderful.
Moral of the story:
Showing and recieving love can CHANGE YOUR MOOD,
situaion,
turn anger into happiness,
and allow us to help eachother get to where we need to be!
All we have to do is get over ourselves.
I'm motivated to keep showing the love!
Today, I am helping raise money for a beautiful girl named Michelle for her Chemotherapy treatments.
She is only 20, and has been diagnosed with ovarian cancer.
PLEASE go to http://imaynotbequeenelizabeth.blogspot.com/
to see how you can help! We are bidding a SHINE necklace with all of the proceeds going to Michelle's cause. If anyone will help, I know my readers will :)
PS: Tonight at Midnight is the deadline for the GIVEAWAY!
PSS: Have you started your GOAL this week?!
If not, DO IT NOW. No excuses! (click HERE if you need to get caught up!)
And e-mail me your progress ashley.theshineproject@gmail.com









29 comments:
Thanks for sharing these stories! Really motivational :) x
Such a beautiful post! And you are absolutely adorable. ;]
Love your t-shirt! Your right, showing and receiving love is the best way to change your mood!
http://roamwhereyouwantto.blogspot.com/
Really good to hear this going into the weekend!! I can't wait to look for opportunities to spread a little love around :-)
So totally feelin' ya! This week has felt just like that for me, too, and you hit the nail on the head, sista. Plus, yes, the world's gotta have sushi :)
it does change your mood!! i always say "choose joy" ... when we choose it, it will change our mood for the day!! :)
awh, i love this. so much!
such a lovely post. i'm loving your blog more and more! very encouraging!
What a great post! Just what i needed to read after having a rough week! You are such a great person :)
Such a motivational & inspiring post. Thank you for sharing this. I am definitely going to keep this post as a reminder to me! I hope you have a fabulous weekend! xo
Fingers crossed I win the Chik-a-pea giveaway! Eeeee!
Great post! Thanks for sharing... and I agree.. the world also need sushi :)
When I'm in an argument with my husband I usually avoid eye contact. But if I ever look up and into his eyes, I just melt. He's so cute. I love him. I can't help but smile and it's all uphill from there.
This is a great post. Everyone needs to be reminded every once in a while that it's not always all about them. :)
You are too cute for words! I love that you have such a heart to give & serve others. People like you are BLESSINGS.
also, I have to say HECK YEAH to your sushi comment. I crave it on almost a daily a basis. RAW FISH, GET IN MY MOUTH!
It's nice to see little love stories! You're very right, often I feel a little grudging when asked to help others when I feel it's inconvenient for me but it always makes me smile!
I'm doing a giveaway on my blog this week for one of your Shine necklaces. They're so lovely! Thanks for being so quick to send both of them. Plus I like your little attached notes. :)
Have a wonderful weekend!
Great post and amazing blog! New follower here!
All such inspirational stories! And I totally agree: the world would be nothing without sushi.
Wow, thanks for sharing these stories. It's amazing how helping someone else never fails to make us feel better. Keep up the good work! x
hi Ashley! I'm your newest follower and I TOTALLY think you are the cutest thing everrrr! Love your blog! Are you in AZ like me or that's just your sis that lives here!? I scrolled back and read all your posts...Can't wait to read the rest here on out!
I agree these last week has been crazy and challenging at work and home. Thanks for sharing your stories.
love LOVE & sushi!!! great moral.
this is so what i needed to hear today, thank you for sharing your heart warming stories lades. ♥
pea ess: huge congrats on your run, what an accomplishment!!!
I love your tshirt, where is it from?! I want one! :D
love love love this post. i so appreciate little things during the day that just lift the spirits.
Great post - I needed to be reminded of a few things :-)
http://theclipcafeblog.blogspot.com/
http://flowerphotography1.blogspot.com/
LOVE your blog! I cannot wait to read more from you! I must know: what kind of camera do you use? I am in the market for a new one!!
What a great post! I've had a really rough month myself. Everything you said is stuff I know but always need to be told again. So thanks for that:)
Loved this post! It is amazing how the little things can completely turn our day around, if we let it, that is! And I love sushi too! yummy, now I'm craving some!
xoxo
Petchie
Thanks for the motivation hon! I am starting my goal of being healthier, more fit and happy with my appearance on Monday with P90X!! I couldnt be more happier about this goal. And you are SO right, all we really do need is LOVE <3
Thanks for the reminder!
Alright I am your newest and biggest fan! Oh umm I guess that would be called a follower! You are a delight. Inspiring to say the least! Looking forward to your words each day! xox!
Post a Comment