photo 1-1.jpg photo 2-1.jpg photo 1-new.jpg photo 2-wear.jpg photo 3-insp.jpg photo 4-meet.jpg photo 5-contact.jpg photo 6-adv.jpg photo 2-2.jpg photo 3-1.jpg

Friday, February 11, 2011

Sedona Marathon Weekend! Ohhh my.

Photobucket
Photobucket


I have always wanted to run a half marathon.
So I'm going to.
Tomorrow.
I've been running my little booty off (literally)
since October when my sister convinced me to
run the Sedona Marathon with her.
We're all about reaching our goals this year, right?
There were so many times that I wanted to make excuses
so I could skip out on running for the day.
But, I never did.

You know what I'm REALLY scared about?!
Sedona has higher elevation,
is mostly uphill,
and is WAY colder than Phoenix.
Shoot.
I just hope someone doesn't have to push me in a wheel chair to the finish line :)

Husband keeps reminding me to have "good self talk",
which means to pump myself up positively!
Hey, when those miles start to wear on me,
it's nothing that a little Miley Cirus "It's the Climb" can't fix.
That's embarrassing. I just revealed my inner most seceret.
My tuned-filled I-pod and knee braces are going to be my life savers tomorrow.
Wish me luck :)
Have a GREAT weekend!
Don't forget to email me your CHALLENGE results- ashley.theshineproject@gmail.com
If I'm not back by Sunday... send a search party.

35 comments:

stephanie said...

this is something i have always wanted to do! it's hard to find the time to run now with a little one but i wish you all the best of luck! i'm sure you'll do great!
xoxo

Cat said...

Good Luck! God will carry you through! ;) You go girl!

Lauren Caldwell said...

Wow! I've always wanted to run a 1/2marathon too! Maybe this year is the year?! Good luck!

~Lauren
tickledonline.blogspot.com

Gentri said...

I was going to last year and always made up excuses. You are so inspiring. I will go for it this year. :)

Rissy said...

aww I am so excited for you! Can't wait to see how things go!

Taylor Morgan said...

the climb is seriously one of my favorite songs. good luck love!

Macy Dawn said...

Good luck! I'll be cheering on my hubby this weekend while he runs his first 1/2 marathon here in New Orleans.

Sophie Isobel said...

Good luck! I'm sure you'll do great :D
x

Ashley Slater said...

GOOD LUCK GIRL! I am training for a half marathon in may.... I can barely go two miles without felling ill so I am IMPRESSED already that you are doing it!!!

cheering you on from Michigan!
-ashley

kimbirdy said...

i have always been far too much of a chicken to run a half marathon, but always wanted to. you are totally my hero!

also, here's a little something for tomorrow: *ahem* go ashley! you can do it!! RA! RA! RA!!

mirjam schuurkamp said...

your so stunning 2 ! (L)
like your blog im a follower doll!

xo model from holland


www.mirfashion.blogspot.com

Stefanie D. said...

GOOD LUCK! I totally love your Nike Dry-Fit shirt. I am coveting it.

I am running my first half this year too!

http://run-on-riot.blogspot.com

angela hardison said...

good for you! and good luck!

Holly said...

Good luck! :D

Karrisa_T said...

Good luck on your marathon! Your blog is really full of positive vibes. Wonderful idea. :)

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Books and Looks

Shay said...

That is so terrific! We ran one a couple years ago and there is nothing like the feeling you get when you cross that finish line! You will do great!

Cute blog:-)

Bre said...

Good luck!!!

Harija said...

Wow... good luck with your run!! You seem so well prepared and also excited about it!

http://mylyfe-mystory.blogspot.com/

Holli said...

Good luck! You'll do terrific!!

About Last Weekend said...

Good on you! You go! Also love your reference to The Climb!

Nicole said...

Do great! AND I got your necklace!!!! YAY it's so pretty; THANK YOU!

Suburbs of Utopia said...

ohhh my!!! when i ran a marathon, i was given a t-shirt that read "find your inner kenyan!" that positively pumped me up! =) douse yourself in biofreeze + you'll do awesome!! good luck!!

p.s. i'm swooning over your shine project... so inspired to join you in your weekly challenges!! =)

Nicole said...

1. you are gorgeous. 2. you have such sassy outfits!

Brittany said...

Thanks so much for stopping by love your blog I'm a follower! Come follow mine!

Unknown said...

OK, we are MEANT to be friends for sure! You love my header and I dream of running a marathon. You are going to do great!! I am so excited and envious!! Go you!! I wanted to do the full OC Marathon in May, but things got complicated with that, blah blah blah. I have ran 13.1 on my own once before, but now back out of shape..boo! Anyways, ALSO my family goes to Sedona every year for vacation! See? Ha! Honestly you are so cute, and I almost used that typewriter pic in my header, ha! Looking forward to following!!!

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

yay yay...shish koom ba!

Can you hear me cheering for ya!!

Hope we can cancel the search party!

Michelle said...

haaa so exciting! i wish you the best of luck! do it for all those weaklings like me who can't :)

kelley @ the eclectic owl said...

That is so exciting! I hope it went GREAT! Thank you so much for your sweet comment on my blog :) I have to say you are drop dead gorgeous! And you have the cutest style!

Gaby said...

Good for you! I'm always amazed by people who do any kind of races. I'm sure your hard work will pay off and no one will have to wheel you across the finish line :)

Ramsey said...

Good luck miss fabulous! You will be wonderful! Hugs

dejoiss said...

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!! You'll definitely make it! :)

Dejoiss

yaya said...

Ashley, Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I can see why yours is titled "Shine"..because you do! You can feel your energy from frozen Ohio! What a cute couple you and your hubby are and I will follow Shine just to feel the energy! Good luck on your marathon!

Karena said...

Ashley I am so super proud of you!! I could not even do a 5K at this point!!

Love your blog name...I have a saying...Shine from Within...

Last Day....be sure to come and join my Amazing Giveaway from Splenderosa!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

mirjam schuurkamp said...

Good luck babbyy (L)

thanks for commenting
i have a new outfit of today post !

LOVE model from holland

www.mirfashion.blogspot.com
everyday a new post

Jessica at Me Sew Crazy said...

You have the most gorgeous blog, and your photography skills are amazing! Good luck in your half marathon! From one runner to another, you are going to do amazing! And it is the climb :)

So happy you found me!