I LOVED reading your responses this week!
For a refresher, the challenge was to "Quit Talking and Begin Doing."
Before I share your amazing stories,
I want to tell you a story I like to call "What We Can Learn From A Flea."
When I was on my mission in Kentucky,
I learned that fleas can jump 100 times higher than their actual size.
However, if put in a box with a lid on it,
once released, the flea will only jump as high as the box was.
The limitations of the lid affect the flea's capacity to jump for the rest of its life.
How often do we set limits for ourselves because we are too afraid,
too tired, or too insecure to go beyond what's comfortable?
How often do we allow ourselves to be satisfied with doing enough to get by,
while never accomplishing what it is that we REALLY want to do.
Take off the "lid" that stops you jumping from as high as you can,
and do hard things.
With that said, here's what some our lovely readers did this week...
-----------------------------------------------------------
Mrs Ashley LeMieux -
For a refresher, the challenge was to "Quit Talking and Begin Doing."
Before I share your amazing stories,
I want to tell you a story I like to call "What We Can Learn From A Flea."
When I was on my mission in Kentucky,
I learned that fleas can jump 100 times higher than their actual size.
However, if put in a box with a lid on it,
once released, the flea will only jump as high as the box was.
The limitations of the lid affect the flea's capacity to jump for the rest of its life.
How often do we set limits for ourselves because we are too afraid,
too tired, or too insecure to go beyond what's comfortable?
How often do we allow ourselves to be satisfied with doing enough to get by,
while never accomplishing what it is that we REALLY want to do.
Take off the "lid" that stops you jumping from as high as you can,
and do hard things.
With that said, here's what some our lovely readers did this week...
-----------------------------------------------------------
Mrs Ashley LeMieux -
You are such a doll! I love reading your blog and the motivation you bring
to your loyal readers.
to your loyal readers.
I wish I could have your motivation and dedication.
This weeks challenge really spoke to me,
I love your blunt words "Quit talking, and begin doing".
I am a definite procrastinator and really need
to get my buns back into the gym.
My upcoming wedding is around the corner and I really need to tone up my
arms and back and work on my posture again.
I've been using the excuse of work and school,
and taking care of our house/dogs.
I want to thank you for motivating me to get going again.
I created some little note card reminders
and placed them around my house tonight...
I love your blunt words "Quit talking, and begin doing".
I am a definite procrastinator and really need
to get my buns back into the gym.
My upcoming wedding is around the corner and I really need to tone up my
arms and back and work on my posture again.
I've been using the excuse of work and school,
and taking care of our house/dogs.
I want to thank you for motivating me to get going again.
I created some little note card reminders
and placed them around my house tonight...
Thank you thank you thank you!Erin
-----------------------------------------------------------
Hi Ashley!
When I saw your challenge for this week,
When I saw your challenge for this week,
I knew right away that I wanted to participate.
For a long time now I've wanted to open at etsy shop, and also start participating in craft fairs. Unfortunately, I have a bad habit of not doing things because I think I will fail. Thanks to some gentle prodding from my mother in law, I applied for my first craft fair ever a couple of weeks ago and much to my surprise, I was accepted! I've been busy ever since trying to get everything in order, including doing a little photo shoot of my products. After reading your challenge for the week, I'm also working on my etsy shop. I registered and got a shop, but I'm still working on setting it up. Like you said, this is something that I've always talked about but haven't actually done anything to get the ball rolling. I'm so happy for the nudges I've received from my family, friends, and the blogosphere to finally start making this little dream of mine happen. I blogged a bit about this, and my upcoming craft fair here, but I'm also including a few photos in this email. The photos are from the photo shoot I did; again, it was something I had been putting off because it seemed hard and required some coordination. But two of my beautiful friends stepped up to model, and my talented mother in law volunteered to take the photos (she's a great photographer). Thanks so much for the wonderful inspiration! I think we all need to be reminded to
---------------------------------------------------
Hey ashley,
Thanks so much for posting the challenge this week! it was my last push that i needed! you're awesome! i love your challenges, they are so fun! i love your blog and just wanted to tell you thanks! i wrote about your challenge to challenge me in my challenge (ha) on this post if you want to check it out! thanks again! click here for the post! -karly
-----------------------------------------------------
Diana put these reminders up for THIS goal.
You ladies are INCREDIBLE!!!
Tomorrow the new challenge will be posted, as well as the GIVEAWAY winner! Oh, ya...and Tuesday is another item up for your winning. You'll LOVE it.











16 comments:
LOVE the ladies who did this... and I never thought a story about a flea would actually speak to me. Go figure! it did
Ashley, I can't say enough how GREAT it is what you are doing!
I am a lifetime supporter/reader!
-ashley
thx for the lovely comment.
Thanks for featuring my letter Ashley! I was pretty chuffed when I saw my face there. You're doing a wonderful thing with this blog, and i can't wait to see what you do next!
the pictures are amazing!i love your sense of style.great blog!you are so gorgeous!like a top model!i follow you..hope to see you on my list as well!!big kiss from greece!
www.ffffashionmixxxx.com
I would have to say that I love this last challenge... I just recently started reading and even though you start a new challenge tomorrow I think I am going to have to challenge myself to 'quit talking and begin doing' every week. (:
You are so sweet and inspirational :)
What a fabulous post!! xoxo
Aww this is so sweet! Thank you, you totally have motivated me for today! yay haha
The Smith Circle
Ashley! I told you a few weeks ago I had a big project I was working on. Well, I haven't been procrastinating. My project was to put a packet together for this homeless man I see every day on my way to work. It would include a few dollars, a map of several places he can go for food and shelter, and some food. He is a veteran, and from the way he speaks and carries himself, he seems like he was educated. I don't know what landed him being homeless. He always accepted my random gifts or oranges, a few spare dollars, some granola bars I had in my back pack, whatever I had when I saw him. I knew that he needed more help. So, I did some research. There are a lot of refuge places in the phoenix area that help homeless people. There's even one called "tempe community action agency" that lets a few homeless people stay there to work and earn a tiny bit of money to get back on their feet. The place was within two miles of where I would see him! long story short, I haven't seen him in the last few weeks. I'm sad for the possibilities of what could have happened to him and i wish i had done something sooner.
Anyway, thanks for giving me the extra push I need to find others to help.
I don't wanna be a flea. Thanks so much for the motivation. :)
Hi Ashley!
I am a new blog reader and I love it:)
your last post about start doing was so encouraging to me and I THINk (?) you wrote that post specifically for me? ( :D :D :D) At least it felt that way:)
But I haev been wanting to start up a blog for my business and I FINALLY did it;) and I have been wanting to make plans to run a 1/2 marathon , like you, and I have been making plans to do so. I am curious if you followed a training program, or did you make up your own training program?
Thanks for a great blog!
HeartsmilesBoutique- I did my training program off of runnersworld.com... they personalize a schedule for you... good luck girl! thats AWESOME@
I love this.
Just found your blog today, and I already can't wait to see what else you've got up your sleeve. Have a lovely week!
Reading this was amazing! Very inspiring & I can't wait to read more :)
this is so amazing! Love it!! <3
Thanks for that word picture about the flea. Things like that stick with me...so keep 'em coming :-) I also, opened a new shop (on artfire) last week...time to kick "talk" in the butt and have more "do" in my life! It's off to a slow start, but I feel so good that I actually made it happen!
Post a Comment