photo 1-1.jpg photo 2-1.jpg photo 1-new.jpg photo 2-wear.jpg photo 3-insp.jpg photo 4-meet.jpg photo 5-contact.jpg photo 6-adv.jpg photo 2-2.jpg photo 3-1.jpg

Friday, January 14, 2011

Do Hard Things.

This week has been extremely inspiring and motivating for me.
I l.o.v.e. writing.
Ever since, well...forever, I've wanted to be an author.
It's been my goal for years to have a book out by the time I turned 25.
As life has it, I turn 25 this November.
I started a novel last year,
and put it on hold due to schooling and what I felt was 'bad timing.'
As I was searching for answers and guidance this week,
the same answer hit me again.
This time, harder than ever.
WRITE.
Ladies and gentlemen...
The process of my first published work has officially begun.
And this time,
with NO excuses or procrastination.
Getting published is EXTREMELY difficult.
I've been afraid in the past to put everything I had into it,
and then be rejected.
I'm done letting my fear overcome who I have always wanted to be.
I shared a quote with my students last week that has
really motivated me...

"I hated every minute of training, but I said, don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion." - Muhammad Ali

I've kept my writing process a personal thing in the past.
But this time, you'll hear about it every step of the way.
What are you going to do today, to accomplish your deepest goal?
Are you ready to start doing hard things?
I am.

13 comments:

Rissy said...

I am very excited for you!
I have just started applying for jobs that I truly want and it s nerve racking and exciting!

Oh and I had two senior moments today. One involving my keys and the other involving my car.. I think I'll share on my blog! thanks for the inspiration!

www.rissyblogs.blogspot.com

Ashley said...

yesss I can't wait to hear them haha! I locked my keys in the car after teaching last week... the security guards had to break in...fantastic.

DanielleisNesting said...

Have you read Bird by Bird by Anne Lamott? Fantastic advice for writers. It's not step by step guide by any means but it has so many pearls of wisdom for writers.

Katelyn said...

Good luck with writing your book! You just have to be confident :) But I totally understand the fear of rejection keeping you from even trying.. I'm about to start applying to graduate schools & I almost don't even want to apply for fear of not getting in any of them.

Taylor and James said...

aww I so needed to read this right now! thanks for the inspiring words. You will do great with your book! I will be excited to read it! You should just write about your life cause you have the most hilarious things happen to you! Good luck! :)

Kelsey said...

Good for you! And good luck :) I'm sure it will be well worth it in the end. By the way, you're outfits the last 2 days have been a-dor-able!

Anonymous said...

i am an avid reader, though not writer. sign me a copy of your first run! nothing like reading an author whom i already lovelove.

Alexis Kaye said...

Yep, I love your blog. You're gorgeous!

brandilyn said...

um, HELLO adorable blog!!

good for you for writing!! that's one of the trickiest things about being a writer; it's not expensive, it's not even that hard to come up with ideas. it's the physical act of putting your bum in a chair and WRITING that gets you! GOOD LUCK, i'm sure your novel is going to be the next big thing! can't wait to read it! :)

It's A Love Story said...

I think is really important to try to reach you dream, at least you know you tried.

erin said...

sounds like a wonderful goal! onward and upward!

Anonymous said...

Your dream will come true, i just know it ♥

Isabella Kiss said...

best of luck with the writing. i can relate to in the "joys" of publishing...SOOOOOO hard! Keep at it!