I'm sooo excited to introduce a new series on The Shine Project called "Fit Fridays".
I believe you feel about yourself, and in turn are able to lift others up when you're healthy and treat your body right. Some of you know that my sister Brooke is now working with me! She's a personal trainer and health guru, and every Friday she'll be sharing recipes and work outs that she's tested and seen results from.
Enjoy, and have a happy weekend!

After tasting our first Acai Berry bowls in Huntington over 4th of July, Ashley and I knew I had to attempt recreating one of the most delicious treats we had ever tasted. I love making smoothies in the summer; they are quick, refreshing, and you can pack all sorts of goodness into them. I keep frozen bananas on hand, because they create the perfect creamy texture in a smoothie, without having to use ice cream or sherbet.
I'm not a huge believer in "miracle foods" so I take everything with a grain of salt. I'm sure you have heard the hype over Acai Berry products lately...claiming to cure disease and help with weight loss. I haven't seen any proven studies on Acai Berries, but they are rich in antioxidants and fiber, just like blueberries! So feel good about eating them, but don't look at them as a miracle weight loss food.
Ingredients:
Smoothie:
4 oz. Acai Berry juice
1 frozen banana
1/2-1 frozen mango
1 small handful of ice (optional)
Topper:
Granola
fresh mango (diced)
2 strawberries (sliced)
1 kiwi (diced)
1/4 banana (sliced)
shredded coconut
honey
Blend Acai juice and frozen banana until smooth (consistency will be thick). Slowly add frozen mango pieces and blend to preferred consistency (I kept mine a little chunky). If you are adding ice you can blend it now. If you prefer a thinner consistency or are having trouble blending the smoothie add more juice.
You can split the smoothie into two glasses or enjoy it all by yourself :-) Next, layer granola, chopped mango, sliced strawberries, chopped kiwi, sliced banana, and finish it off with a little more granola, shredded coconut and drizzle some honey over the top.
The finished product was husband approved and Zoe and Shiloh approved! Enjoy!












14 comments:
YUMMY! I am going to have to try this ASAP. Loving the new "fit Fridays" theme!
XO
Love Me, Dani Marie
Sounds really yummy!! would you happen to know the nutritional info on this? will you be adding that info to each recipe in the future??
That sounds awesome! Definitely going to try this!
This looks insanely good! Wish I had this right now, I'm going to have a smoothie tomorrow I think x
Looks so good!
This looks so yummy! I am going to be making this.
That looks delicious...oh so delicious!
xxx,
Danielle Faith
My Beauty Empowers Me!
Yay! I'm so excited about the fit fridays! And yeah I will definitely be trying this smoothie.
Holy moly ladies! Love this! I still crave the ones I tried in Huntington too.... I'll test this out! xoxo!
ooooh...I'm hungry now. Too bad I don't have the ingredients to make it :(
Oh my, that looks wonderful! Too pretty to eat...maybe! (;
Looks delicious!
Acai Berries provide increased metabolism, boosted energy, and rapid weight loss.
herbscity.com
琥珀成っている顕著な可能性があります3 時間とヒートアップ霧として香りでロール特定のサンタクルーズ山脈。相当な割引、一括注文にもアクセスできると組み合わせてスペシャルとして出荷確かに。たくさん女の子のは準備支払うの広い範囲お金を取得するグッチ ハンドバッグ、とを取る考慮方法多くの現金過ごす彼ら。
Also visit my webpage: グッチ 財布
Post a Comment