Hey friends! Mike and I are in Mexico until tonight, so today I'm introducing you to my real life friend Taylor. I'm turning off comments so you can you comment about her post on her blog HERE. Trust me, she's AMAZING, and her story is inspiring. See you tomorrow! xoxox

Hello Shine Readers! My name is Taylor from Taylor Morgan and I am happy that Ashley invited me over to talk to you today. Don't you just love Ashley? I am grateful to count her as one of my friends. She has a heart of gold and really can and will change the world. The other day we were on the phone for 2 hours talking about all our hopes and dreams. I always feel so uplifted after talking to her. She is one of the few people in my life that I really can confide all my dreams and hopes in because she is always so supportive.

So who the heck am I? Well for starters I am a fashion designer from NYC. I design wedding gowns, veils and soon ready to wear dresses for women. I am also currently furthering my education as a fashion designer at The Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT) here in NYC to help my business reach the level I see it reaching someday.
But today, rather than tell you all about me and my business, I am here to share with you a bit of my personal life in hopes that it will inspire you in your own life to go after what you want. Have you ever had a dream? I am sure you still have one...

After high school I moved to Los Angeles to dance professionally. I knew college would be put on hold for a bit while I danced full time. While I loved dance, I had always dreamed of being a fashion designer since I was a little girl.

Not long after being in LA I was dying to go to fashion design school at FIDM. I applied, got in, but couldn't get loan money. I was devastated. I was going after a good thing, so why wasn't it happening for me? I ended up going to The Art Institute in California because I was approved for loans there. But a year into my program I couldn't get approved for more loans. Disappointment struck again and I had to stop going to school.
I wasn't going to let it stop me from my dreams though. So I decided to start my business Taylor Morgan anyways. I knew I didn't know everything, but I knew enough to get started. And in September 2010 I launched my Bridal line, Taylor Morgan. A few months after I started a Veil line as well.
I was doing it. I was living my dream. But if I wanted to become the fashion designer I always envisioned, I knew I needed to go back to school to finish my education. But not just anywhere. This time I was going to go after the best of the best. I wanted to be educated by the top fashion design school in our country, The Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT) in NYC. Going to FIT is like that dream you always dream about but put it out of your mind cause you don't think it will work out for you. So I had to take a huge leap of faith. My husband and I prayed long and hard about moving to NYC for me to pursue my dreams. I could tell you a million unbelieveable stories about answers we got but for the sake of keeping this as short as possible I won't right now. Me getting into FIT was a big answer though because it's not an easy school to get into. It was one of the best moments of my life. All my heart breaks with school and my journey with starting my company had lead me to this accomplishment. I was (still am!) thrilled!
What I am getting at ladies is sometimes in life you just have to take a leap of faith, even when you don't have all the answers. Moving to NYC, uprooting our whole life, and going to the most expensive city in our country was/is huge for us. But when you know something is right for you, you just have to have faith and GO FOR IT!
But I see a lot of people not going after their dreams. And I think it's because you want to know how everything is going to work out before you "leap." If you wait for all the answers you will be waiting a long time. You have to go find the answers yourself.

What are you going through right now? What do you wish you were going after? I would love to hear from you! I find the blogging world so uplifting with everyone coming together to share their experiences. I look forward to meeting you!
Come tell me HERE!








