photo 1-1.jpg photo 2-1.jpg photo 1-new.jpg photo 2-wear.jpg photo 3-insp.jpg photo 4-meet.jpg photo 5-contact.jpg photo 6-adv.jpg photo 2-2.jpg photo 3-1.jpg

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Casey Wiegand

My name is Casey Wiegand, I am a freelance artist, wife and mama.

I love painting and sharing our life through my blog...where you can expect pieces of my perspective on life, faith, kids, marriage, with touches of art, creative inspiration, projects and things I love along the way. I have two little ones in the hopes of lots more and am married to the love of my life :).

Photobucket


I lost my baby last week.

Being honest, at first, even with some tears I felt like I needed to be strong. I thought I can't be sad...I have so much to be thankful for and people have suffered many losses like this before...Casey be strong. My mind is able to have good perspective, I know that I am blessed with 2 beautiful babies, I know we have never suffered a miscarriage before or dealt with any kind of infertility but the truth is...

But the truth is...I am hurt, heartbroken, sad, empty.

I decided today I dont care if anyone out there in the world thinks it is silly that I am sad, devastated, heartbroken over this loss- because I need to be real about how I feel.


Photobucket


I looked at a baby that looked just like Aiden and Ainseigh at 3 months...and I know it would have grown up to look just like them and love me the way they do....and that little person is gone. It's strange having a loss after having two children because I naturally imagine it looking and acting very similar to them...

it had such a reality to it.


God is so good and does wrap us up in these times of heartache... and I trust with my soul that He has a plan. But it doesn't soften the hurt. I was uneasy all morning with a huge lump in my throat. I have to say thank you so much for loving me well. I had flowers and meals on my doorstep, constant emails/texts/calls all morning....I am blessed to have such love in my life.


My doctor is a beautiful soul...her nurses and staff truly are like family to me. They have walked through some hard hard things in my personal life along side with me as well as 2 rough starts. She cried along with us today. She answered all my questions. I am sensitive soul- I take great care and respect to the little life that I had started in me and I wanted to make sure that afterwards, even so small, it was respected greatly.

I miss the dreams we had for this child, I miss being pregnant, I just miss this baby.

Photobucket

This baby that we named Addison.

Addison Wiegand.

It made me feel better to give him/her a name...to think about the day I reach heaven he/she will be standing there, I will instantly know who he/she is and wrap my hands around so tight.


I love you sweet Addison. I am so sorry I was unable to have time with you here on earth... I don't know or understand, but I love you just the same. Mama is coming someday and we will be together again.

I love you sweet baby. so so very much.


"I find beauty in not only the beautiful things in life, but the bittersweet and sad as well. To me, there is something poignantly lovely about the human experience from its splendor to its grief. God created all our emotions, not just the happy ones, and for His good purposes. That's why a good cry can feel so good. And hitting our limits forces us to look outside ourselves for a Savior. It is in the plea, when we're at our end, that we can find that which is truly life-giving. Personally, my moments of deepest grief, deepest pain, have resulted in the most beautiful seasons in my heart. I've met God more intimately in those moments than in all the other pleasant ones combined. What isn't completely lovely about that?"- Leslie

Photobucket


I would love to meet you.

I would love to help you promote your business or blog.

I would love to hear your story.

So today I am giving away a free large ad space

$75 value.

If you come over and follow my blog and tell ash you did so you are entered :).

Thanks for listening, xoxo

133 comments:

Laura Ashley said...

I follow Casey's blog and am so inspired by her.

Cassie @ Live.Laugh.L0ve. said...

She is so inspirational! I am a follower of Casey's blog!

Heather said...

I love Casey! I'm a follower.

Anonymous said...

I follow Casey's blog and just love that mama!

sarah said...

what a great faith you display casey! i'm following her blog.

Maria-Isabel @ Agape Love Designs said...

Love her, such a beautiful soul. My heart breaks with her, for her loss. :( I'm a follower of her blog.

Lacy said...

Truly genuine. I follow Casey's blog.

{ Meet Amanda Faith } said...

I follow Casey's blog. Prayers to her and her family. They are an inspirational bunch.

BonBon Jewels said...

I'm so sad that Casey's going through a tough time. I follow her blog and find her to be extremely inspirational!!

Natalie @ NS Pottery said...

Love, love, love her! I follow

Anonymous said...

Love Casey and her candid sharing on life and motherhood and creativity!

I follow her blog as well.

Suz and Allan said...

Following Casey's blog-thanks for featuring her!

Jen said...

I follow Casey's blog. Love her!

Heather @ Simple Wives said...

She has such an inspiring blog! I'm following. :)

Amelia Marie said...

I am a follower of C and adore her faith, her life. She is such a Christian inspiration and encouragment. I am so blessed by her realness... her transparency!
~Amy

s.a Sadler said...

i have been following casey for a while now, and admire her strength so much through this difficult time.

Jenna Duty said...

i follow casey's blog! she is amazing!!! my heart aches for her!!

Barbara said...

i follow Casey's and your blog. So inspired by you both. ( i would say y'all but I'm from the mitten state). :)

Unknown said...

Ijust found Casey's blog and facebook last week. She is very inspiring and her faith in God has so helped me in my ventures and heartache. Blessings and Prayers.
Lisa

Nichelle @ Vintage Wanna Bee said...

I follow her blog and I love her!

Sarah said...

I follow her blog!

Unknown said...

I follow her sweet blog! And am your newest, yeah!!

Caitlin said...

I follow the Weigand's :)

Christa Cox said...

already following casey's blog :)

Christa
chrissyann336@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

I'm a follower of Casey...just pure sweet soul she is

Christina said...

I'm a follower of Casey and have been for a while. She is such an awesome person with such an amazing spirit!

Thanks for sharing your story Casey!

Ashley said...

I follow Casey and absolutely LOVE her blog! She's wonderful. :]

Shannon Abbott said...

I follow her blog! I love it!

Mya Bruce Designs said...

I am so glad I found her site, and happy to follow it. I will enjoy walking like with ya'll

Cannon said...

LOVE "The Wiegand's"

Casey, my heart goes out to you.

Meig Heyburn said...

I follow the Wiegand's and love everything she posts and says. My heart goes out to her during this difficult time.

elizabeth said...

I follow casey's blog and just adore her! thinking of casey and her family during this difficult time!

Unknown said...

I follow The Wiegand's, love Casey's blog! Been praying for them.

Anonymous said...

I follow the Wiegand's, and my heart has been breaking for her these past few days.

Anonymous said...

I am following Caseys blog. Added her 'button' to mine. I will keep her and her family in my prayers.

Amanda Wood said...

I follow Casey and my heart has been breaking for them these past few days. I can't imagine the pain they are going through!

Chelsea said...

I'm a follower of Casey's blog!

Unknown said...

I follow Casey's blog! I love it.

Libby's Life said...

I follow Casey! She's the most amazing lady I have ever met {through the internet}!

Emily Nicole said...

I follow sweet Casey's blog! She is so amazing... Love that girl. =)

Megan said...

I LOVE Casey so much!!! she is one of the most inspirational people. so amazing!! love her blog and definitely follow her :)

Unknown said...

I follow Casey's blog and LOVE it! :)

Sherri A. Ohler said...

I Followed Casey's blog after just discovering her last week. BEAUTIFUL is all I can say. My heart hurts for her and her family's loss. So thankful that she is able to process through her grief her with us. Makes me feel like I know her like an old friend. Thanks for that!
Sherri Ohler
www.sdgartistry.com
www.thepaintedlife.com

Megan | Freckled Italian said...

I'm definitely a follower of Casey's blog.

Unknown said...

I follow Casey's blog and yours Ashley. Love them both.

Casey,

So sorry you lost your baby.

My heart is broken for you.

It's never a small thing, no matter what anyone else has gone through...

Daisy Girls Old Blog said...

I'm a follower.. She is such a sweet soul. I just love her. <3

Unknown said...

So glad I found your blog through the Shine Project! I am now a follower! :)

Unknown said...

I follow The Casey's blog, and I love it. She is a beautiful soul :).
I would love to win this giveaway! Thanks for the opportunity!

Cerrisse said...

I follow both of your blogs and love them both so much!
Casey is such an inspirational person.

{Sweetaprils} said...

I follow both of your blogs :) love them both! Rocio

Unknown said...

i follow both blogs of course!

Amanda said...

I follow Casey's blog. And I've been keeping her in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

I already follow both of your blogs! (:

My Life as Whitney said...

Wow I can't even imagine losing a child! Thank you Casey for sharing such a personal story!

My Life as Whitney said...

Wow I can't even imagine losing a child! Thank you Casey for sharing such a personal story!

melifaif said...

Thinking of the Weigand's and of Casey. I know your sweet Addison is smiling down on you....I pray she can bring you comfort anf understanding during this time. Much love.

Kimberly LaCroix said...

I am inspired by & follow the Weigands.

girl willow said...

I follow Casey's blog. She is truly an inspiration to so many women!! Thanks for sharing this :)

The Biggs Family said...

I love Casey's blog & I am a follower!

Bree said...

I definitely am a follower of Casey's blog! A must read every day!!

Ashley from Sloanbook said...

I just followed her blog! She is such a strong beautiful woman!

Ashley

Aimee said...

I follow Casey's blog and would love the ad space. so sorry about her loss.

Heather @ Finding Beauty in the Ordinary said...

I LOVE Casey. And I follow her blog. She is such an amazing woman. If you are not following here, DO SO NOW! XOXO

Anonymous said...

I follow Casey's blog. She's one of the most inspiring people i've never met. :)

Tara @ Beautiful Blendings said...

I follow you both and love Casey to death .

Would be so honored to be on her amazing blog. Xo.

Dani said...

I follow you both!!!

Ps....the headband Miss Casey is wearing in the first pic is made by me!! Hop on over and check me out!!!

All Dahl'd Up said...

Such a sad story! My prayers and thoughts go out to you! I am a follower of casey.

Unknown said...

I follow Casey! she is one strong and very inspiring person.

Whitney said...

Oh my goodness I love her. So inspiring. I've been following for a while now!!

Cindy said...

Hello! I follow Casey's blog. Both of you are so inspiring! Keep shinin! p.s. If I win, I'm going to give my "ad space" to one of my besties that's an artist just starting out. She'd be so grateful.

Rebecca said...

So heart wrenching every time I read this....

I love Casey, and I follow her lovely blog!

Christina said...

I am a new-ish follower of Casey...and I am just inspired and touched by every post of hers! Wow!

The Arizona Russums said...

i follow casey's blog!

Kelsey Cunningham said...

I follow her flo & absolutely love her and am so inspired by her trust and faith!

Sarah said...

I follow Casey's blog!!

Anonymous said...

I follow Casey! Love her blog and all of her inspiring posts!

CaseyWiegand said...

girl, it worked! everything is back!!!!!

Rissy said...

Casey, I think you are such a beautiful person. Every time I read about what you've gone through it breaks my heart. Hugs!

I follow Casey's blog, Ashley : )

Anonymous said...

Casey is such an encouragement and inspiration to me. I love her blog & her testimony.

Lace said...

i follow Casey's blog. I love her honesty and am thankful for the testimony of God's love that she is able to share through her blog.

melis said...

I adore Casey and I follow her blog:)

Maureen Polderman said...

Hi Ashley!! I follow Casey's blog and I follow your blog...and you are BOTH such encouraging people with big big hearts! Thanks for all you do <3

Megan said...

I follow Casey's blog. :)

Veronica said...

I follow Casey's Blog!!
Thank you for allowing her to share this with us!!

~Veronica

Erica said...

I follow Casey's blog and am crossing my fingers and toes for FREE ad space for lil shop!!!

Jenna said...

Love her! I follow her!

Unknown said...

I follow Casey's blog, and I love it. :)

Cat said...

I follow the weigand blog! and yours :)

photochic by amy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jessica Oh! said...

sweet casey, thank you for being raw and real and for your faith. you are in my prayers! sending love, hugs and prayers for comfort. to God be the glory, dear heart.

photochic by amy said...

cannot imagine what you have gone through. your strength is such a reflection of God. your sweet family is in my prayers!!!

Unknown said...

I follow Casey's blog.

Meagan said...

I can't imagine what it must feel like to lose a child, my heart goes out to you and your family Casey!

Meagan said...

I am a new follower of Casey's blog and happy to be :)

Unknown said...

Oh what a heartache, I couldn't imagine...I'm a follower now.

Breeann said...

I follow Casey's blog. I love that girl to pieces :)

Lea said...

:'(

I follow Casey's blog.

natalia said...

i follow casey's blog. she is one special sister!

L!$@ said...

I love Casey's blog! She is so awesome :D I've been a follower for a while.

A Little Piece of Me said...

I'm a follower of Casey's blog.

Kate said...

I follow Casey's blog!

Anonymous said...

I follow Casey's blog since hearing about her from Gussy! She is truly amazing and my heart goes out to her and her family!

serayasunshine@gmail.com

Sarah said...

Casey- Your soul is beautiful in this time of darkness. Like you i too lost one of my babies; but i let anger and all of its ugliness in. Its very refreshing that you are so positive and thankful for your blessings.

Ingrid said...

I follow Casey's blog :)

Ingrid said...

I follow her blog

Shayla Van Hofwegen said...

I follow Casey's blog! I would so appreciate the advertisement for my non-profit, Owl Love You Forever. I am a mommy to five beautiful babies in heaven, including a set of twins I delivered too prematurely in May of 2010. Because of them, and the way they blessed my life for such a short time, I began my non-profit. We focus on encouraging and supporting other families that lose babies before, during, or shortly after birth. We provide boxes to the hospitals of items that will make their time with their baby in the hospital more special and memorable! I also have a personal blog, just in case you want to read more about my story www.wegentales.blogspot.com
I will be praying for Casey and her family!!

Unknown said...

I am a follower of dear Casey's blog! What a generous giveaway! ~Bri~

ashlyn | nicole said...

i adore casey. she is such an amazing woman! :] so of course i follow her!

Anonymous said...

i'm sorry to hear about your loss. the name for your baby is beautiful. on my way to your blog now. xoxo

Sarah Yoder said...

I'm following!

Cat said...

I just found Casey's blog and I'm following!

Alisha said...

She is so inspiring and such an amazing woman!!
I follow Casey.

Alli said...

What an incredible story. She is so brave to share her journey with us. I'm glad you could introduce me to her blog (I'm now following). I actually found a few other mom blogs through her that I think are inspring along with Casey's. They make me feel brave, thank you ladies.

Liz said...

I follow Casey's blog & my heart breaks for her loss. So much inspiration between the two of you, I sometimes feel so inadequate. Like I should be doing more. It's encouraging to know that there are still such incredible women who are making in a difference.

Katie said...

I already follow Casey. She's a fantastic gal!

Unknown said...

I am proudly a follower of her blog!
Crossing my fingers!

Jenn W. said...

I love casey and and am a follower of her blog!

Julie @ The Smitten Mintons said...

I follow Casey's blog!

Dana Fox said...

i follow her blog :) i love Casey too!
xox Dana
thewonderforest.com

erin said...

I follow Casey's lovely blog!
Would love her ad space. :-)

Cami said...

Following her (and you, obvs)

But mostly - praying for her...so much <3

<3-Cami from First Day of My Life

Chelsea said...

I found Casey's blog a few months ago and have been reading it ever since! I love her honesty!

Vivian said...

I have been her follower for about 4 months now. She makes blogging a joyride and look forward to her updates every day. LOVE HER!

Wild Daisy said...

I've been following Casey for a while now... Yours and Casey's blogs were actually one of the firsts blogs I became obsessed with when I started blogging .. haha

much love!

--JeNeal @ Pieces of Luv

Kelly said...

I'm a follower! She is so amazing! Its funny how people like Casey can make you feel like you are best friends through their writing, like you know them so well. Then you remind yourself you have never met! ha! Maybe thats why internet dating is so successful...:)

Unknown said...

I followed. Can't believe I just found her now. If you excuse me I have some blog stalking to do :)

Danielle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Danielle said...

What an adorable blog. I am following her.

@lelapindor

Unknown said...

I follow the lovely Casey!

AlexandraRose said...

I'm a follower of Casey's blog :)

Unknown said...

I follow Casey's blog. She is incredible and such an inspiration.

Meesh said...

I am now following Casey's blog... such an inspirational story!! So sorry to hear the news though

Erin said...

I'm following Casey's blog.

So sorry to hear the news though :(