This weeks challenge was to take pictures of something that SHINES to you, and link up the post below! Here's mine. Good thing blogging isn't "live" because I'd probably start crying...
This is my sister Brooke. Isn't she beautiful?! The best part is that she's just as pretty on the inside. She's my BEST FRIEND, and even though she's a couple of years younger than me, I've always looked up to her.
Tomorrow her and her husband move to Las Vegas for the next 3 years while he goes to Physical Therapy school. I'll admit that I've literally cried every week for the past 2 months about it because I don't know what I'm going to do without her here. She never lets me take pictures of her, but made an exception yesterday since I didn't give her an option {Big sisters can get bossy}. Let me tell you why I chose her:
I can honestly say that I've never met anyone more compasionate in my life. I used to push her down when we were REALLY little and say, "Ha. That should do it." I know, so horrible, but Brooke would always smile up at me with her huge grin, and go about her business. For some reason, she's always believed in me, which has given me more confidence throughout my life.
Her dream is to run boot camps for inner city kids so they can learn how to lead healthy lifestyles. She's going to be THE BEST mother in the entire world, and would adopt an entire country if she was allowed to. Brooke is literally the reason that I was able to complete my half marathon. She was so encouraging, and taught me how to really work hard for something.
I know that she's nervous for this move, but has already landed an AMAZING internship this summer that will lead to a job doing what she loves. She doesn't take credit for anything, and has more to give to this world than I can even explain. Sisto, I'm going to miss you like crazy. If I can become half of the person that you are, then I'll know that I've done okay in this life. I miss the crazy days, but I can't wait until your back and we have little babies that are best friends. You know we'll be glam mamas, and will probably still egg dad on to do the horse in public places. Love you sissy... Now go conquer Vegas. {And find sweet shops for when I come to visit...probably every weekend if Ty and Mike let me :) }
Copy and Paste the link to your photo here! Can't wait to see them.















10 comments:
Brooke is gorgeous!! Great pictures :)
Good luck Brooke in all that you do! Praying for you both.
xoxo
Wow! Your sister is beautiful, and great pictures!
wow thats amazing! your sister is gorgeous and it sounds like she is a pretty fantastic person too. i hope you both have a lovely weekend :) xoxo jillian:: cornflake dreams
ahh, she's beautiful! what a lovely idea!
Xo
http://ericplustanya.blogspot.com
Your sister is gorgeous! Las Vegas is a fun city, I'm sure she'll have a lot of adventures while she's there!
I wanna do this photo project! I'll have to think about what shines to me...
& thanks for visiting my little ol' blog :)
xx
Brooke is beautiful, just like you!
she certainly is beautiful just like her big sister! I'm sorry she is moving. Ug, that is hard! I hate living so far away from my sisters!
I love Brooke!! You are so lucky to have her for a sister! I am sad she is moving away too...at least you'll have an excuse for a road trip every once in a while!! ;)
I love her! Everything you said is so true =)
I have an amazing best friend. <3
Very nice post. I just stumbled upon your blog
and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your weblog posts.
After all I'll be subscribing to your rss feed and I'm hoping you write once more very soon!
Also visit my site: acai berries
Post a Comment