Whew! It feels good to be back on Blogger! The blogger glitch really affected me, so I haven't been able to post for a few days. I also lost a LOT of comments, so as soon as those are back, I'll be able to draw the giveaway winners from last week!
I'm currently on the beaches of Mexico, celebrating mine, my husbands, and my sister's graduation from ASU. And let me tell you... IT FEELS GOOD. Ever since I can remember, I have been taught and prepared to go to college. It was something that I knew was expected of me, and also something that I knew was essential to learn the skills that I needed for my profession. It has opened doors, been extremely difficult and sometimes frusterating, and has taught me that I literally can do anything that I set my mind to. Learning is a crucial part of our lives, whether we're in college or not.
"Seeing much, suffering much, and studying much, are the three pillars of learning." -Benjamin Disraeli
Learning is how we reach our full potential in this life. It is how we become capable of becoming greater than we ever thought was possible, and it is how are are able to impact the lives of those around us. Learning is hard, and pushes us to discover what we are capable to doing. Whether it be learning to write more persuasively, how to cook, sew, or love... there are millions of places to go to get new knowledge.
Which leads us to OUR CHALLENGE THIS WEEK. This week, choose a subject that you have been wanting to learn more about. Whether it be about an event in time, how to become a social media guru, or how to make a new dish for dinner...study about it this week so that you can gain these new skills you have been thinking about! It is SO gratifying to deepen our knowledge pool, and we become more able to teach those around us. Post about what you have learned on FRIDAY, and make sure you link it back to The Shine Project....and post your link on here! And if you need an idea, email me...I have plenty :)
{PS: This week I'll be sharing about my trip to the Mexican orphanage, we have AMAZING giveaways... amoungst other things that will knock your stinkin socks right off}















15 comments:
You looked very cute in your yellow jersey!
congrats congrats!! What a wonderful accomplishment!! Bravo! You look adorable of course. Love that yellow sweater;0.
gorgeous! and congratulations, soooo happy for you! love your blog, I'm your newest follower!
tia
http://twobirdsonwire.blogspot.com/
Yeah I lost every comment after Mother's Day which makes me sooo sad! Cuz I wanted to get my cooking blog going and now I have no idea who wanted to do it or not! :(
And congrats about your graduation!!! That's awesome ;)
Ashley you are one inspiring woman :) SO HAPPY FOR YOU & YOUR HUSBAND GRADUATING TOGETHER!!! :) and how fantastic for your sister too! Hope you guys are enjoying yourselves in Mexico :) Can't wait to hear about the Mexican orphanage...what an experience :)
And coming to your blog [from Bright Wishes] made me think of a beautiful quote my husband shared with me yesterday in a book he's reading (The Fearless Mind, by Craig Manning). The quote is actually said by Marianne Williamson:
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond our measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, WHO am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small doesn't serve the world. There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light SHINE, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we're liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."
Sorry this was so long...but I couldn't help but share it with ya!! xo
I love this post because in less than 2 weeks, I start an internship : /
I am nervous, I am excited, I am on the cusp of backing out : (
I was on the cusp... I know now that I won't though because this internship is going to help open doors in my future. I am just scared, but the knowledge I gain will all be worth it.
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I hope Mexico was amazing. Saw on Fcbk you "shined" while you were down there too!
CarissaExplainsItAll
Congrats! So happy for y'all :)
xoxo
Congratulations congratulations! A happy day for three.
my first giveaway
Congratulations honey.
C x
http://memiorsofalittlethingcalledlife.blogspot.com/
congratulations!! you look beautiful in these pictures!
Xo
http://ericplustanya.blogspot.com
congratulations!!! Your words are beautiful. I just knew about you from Brooke's blog :)
Congratulations on your graduation! How cool that your husband and sister and you all got to do it together!
I LOVE that your regalia is purple and gold! SO much more awesome than my university's boring black. :D
um you are gorgeous - you make me want to be blonde. congratulations! AND i'm your newest followers even though i've been creeping on twitter for far too long! i tend to leave way too long of comments so - sorry in advance! :)
Congratulations Ashley!!
I know your hard work will not end with graduation :) You're amazing!
25 livable countries selected, the individual assessment of the highest index score Air Jordan 11 Gamma Blue of 100 points, the lowest score of 57 points; cheap nike jordan shoes the top cheap jordans ten individual assessment christian louboutin index scores countries, mostly in 80 points uggs on sale or more, only a few indicators of less than 80 points. This means, on any discount christian louboutin individual Bags Louis Vuitton assessment indicators are uggs outlet "flawed" countries is ugg australia difficult to Discount Louis Vuitton top the country charts in livable.South and Central American countries discount nike jordans because of the rankings for the United States and Canada, mainly retirees, and thus relatively close distance Cheap LV Handbags from the United States christian louboutin remise 50% selected for Cheap Louis Vuitton Handbags larger quantities.In Central America, Discount LV Handbags North America's most eligible retirees ages livable ugg soldes country is ranked second overall list of Panama. As long as foreigners can prove that the monthly pension more than 1000 US dollars, you can get permanent residency in Panama, but also in foreign earned pension Christian Louboutin Daffodile without having to pay taxes in Panama, and can in terms of entertainment, dining, transportation wholesale jordan shoes and medical care enjoy the benefits.In Asia and Europe, is North America's most promising retirees livable countries are Malaysia and Spain, ranked fourth and sixth.Apart from Malaysia, the Asian ugg boots region as Christian Louboutin Bois Dore well as Thailand, the Philippines, Cambodia and Vietnam on christian louboutin shoes the ugg pas cher list, points ugg out the first cheap christian louboutin 10, Section 23, Section 24 and Section 25.
Post a Comment