photo 1-1.jpg photo 2-1.jpg photo 1-new.jpg photo 2-wear.jpg photo 3-insp.jpg photo 4-meet.jpg photo 5-contact.jpg photo 6-adv.jpg photo 2-2.jpg photo 3-1.jpg

Friday, April 15, 2011

I SHINE Friday

Photobucket


I am SO excited for the Shine Challenge Link Up today!
There are a couple challenges that I went back and did that I want to share with you.
The first one is Let Love SHINE
Hubby and I were at a restaurant, dining on some delcious shrimp fajitas.
For some reason, I wasn't very hungry, so I had a TON of leftovers to take home...
I love leftovers for lunch :)
As we were walking to the car,
a girl in her twenties came up to us.
It was apparent that she hadn't showered in days,
had nowhere to go, and no money.
She asked us for help. I had no change,
but I realized she would probably love my box of food.
As I offered it to her, she lit up, and I knew that I was placed where I was supposed to be at that time. When we're ready and willing to help others, they'll be placed in our path.

Photobucket

Remember my failed cake pops last week?
I took on the challenge of DO SOMETHING YOU'VE NEVER DONE.
Yesterday, I had my talented friend,
who also happens to make cakes for weddings, birthdays, holidays...everything...
help me. (she also makes me favorite cupcakes EVERRR)
The finished product is the picture above. We had cake pops flooding out of our ears!
I was SO happy to finally make them.
Im no queen of the baking department in the kitchen...
You can look at/follow her beautiful creations HERE

Alright! Let's see how you helped the world this week :)
Link up your SHINE!


21 comments:

Unknown said...

That is such a sweet story!!

xoxo
Stephanie&Such

Molly S. said...

I linked in :) Also, I love this. I'm sure you made someones life last night!

mirjam schuurkamp said...

you look so qute!

ihave a new outfit post!
maybe you can check?

www.mirfashion.blogspot.com
everyday a new post

xo mir.

Katie said...

I linked up :) Before I even read your post today, I blogged about the Cake Pops from Starbucks! How funny :) Have a great weekend girl!

Miss Amy said...

I'm just excited to see you're walking! ;) I start my PT next week. ehhhh. Maybe I'll get a massage out of it.

Rachel Marie said...

I just found your blog and i am SO EXCITED! I've been looking for bloggers who want to make a difference and use their blogs to have a positive influence on others! You are doing great things girl. I will definitely be participating in these challenges, and maybe doing some of my own!

http://missrachel-marie.blogspot.com/

melissa said...

BEAUTIFUL cake pops miss! Glad you gave it another try...with some help! They turned out beautifully & I love how you decorated them!!! So cute. Your photos are always adorable. You are simply stunning...inside & out! xoxox

Gentri said...

Way to go on giving the cake pops another shot! They look AWESOME btw!

Heather Mullin said...

How is your knee?

Also, I got my necklace and wear it with pride! Thank you!

Heather Mullin

Alexis Kaye said...

Dang! I never get mine posted by Friday. Me and the future MR. are going to feed my starving children tonight. I'm taking him on a surprise date and he doesn't know what we're doign! :) Oh, and I made chocolate covered stawberries, also for the date, but also completes a shine project :) woot!

Michelle said...

Aw what a great story! I definitely need to start linking up!!

jillian :: cornflake dreams. said...

fantastic! i love the shine project :) what a wonderful idea! happy friday lady! xoxo jcd:: cornflake dreams

Ruby said...

Such a great thing you did! Oh and the cake pops look wonderful! My blog is up and linked! I choose Create.

HettyA said...

really a great thing you did, I once gave a pop tart to a man looking for food, I know it wasn't much (it's all I had on me) but he was so thankful!

PS love your shirt!

Molly S. said...

I linked in, but for some reason it isn't showing up. Who knows!

Stephanie McDonnell said...

I linked up twice now and it isn't showing either time. Bummer.

http://luxeboulevard.blogspot.com/2011/04/shine-challenge-my-poster.html

Rissy said...

soooo happy to see the 11 link-ups!

You are doing a great thing here.

CarissaExplainsItAll

kittykerri said...

I linked as well & it's not showing either. I'm guessing it takes a while but that might just be wishful thinking on my part. =)

Megan said...

Beautiful story! You are so right...God places us where we need to be to impact the lives of others.

Gaby said...

Very sweet story! You were meant to share that box of food :)

p.s. I'm hosting my first little giveaway on my blog. It's here if you wanna check it out: http://thislittleport.blogspot.com/2011/04/my-etsy-shop-and-giveaway.html

Ashley Bagley Nielson said...

i love your shirt in that first shot! and now i want some of those cake pops, but not the ones that came out of your ears...