photo 1-1.jpg photo 2-1.jpg photo 1-new.jpg photo 2-wear.jpg photo 3-insp.jpg photo 4-meet.jpg photo 5-contact.jpg photo 6-adv.jpg photo 2-2.jpg photo 3-1.jpg

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Project: Blankets to Orphans in Mexico

Photobucket
Photobucket
That ace bandage just really does a lot for my outfit.
I was working out Monday,
and as I went down to squat... SNAP! CRACKLE! POP!
It was painful.
But yesterday the pain and swelling had gone down,
so I decided to run a few miles to see if I could handle weights again.
BAD IDEA.
Let's just say, now I can hardly walk.
I HATE going to the doctor... But I'll be there today!

As for the REAL reason for this post...
Last night,
The youth group I work with at church made blankets
for an orphanage in Mexico.
My family goes down there a lot,
and these kids literally live in the middle of nowhere with NOTHING.
We decided to show them a little love.

Photobucket
Photobucket


I'll be capturing the trip we take down there to deliver them on camera.
So pictures will be posted within the next couple of months!
Start thinking about ways you could help out in your community, your city, the world...
Since The Shine Project has officially over 1,000 followers,
a BIG new direction is going to be revealed soon!!!
The month of April is going to be amazing.
You guys inspire me to make things happen.
Don't forget to post tomorrow about YOUR WEEKLY SHINE CHALLENGE!
And come back here to LINK UP!

23 comments:

Young and Fabulous said...

amazing! that's awesome what you are doing with the blankets :)

I hope your knee is okay..I am jealous and intimidated at the same time that you can do squats. Work it girl!

xoxox

Ashley Slater said...

EW. It sounds like your meniscus, which is NOT good. I hope it's not! Good luck!

And yes, the puppy is a lot of work so if you aren't up to the training then I would wait to get one! :) Love the blankets!

Gail@Sophisticated Steps said...

AWESOME! (The blankets, not your knee. Hope it's okay!) It's so important to share with "the least of these". God bless your work.

Mind if I share: I did a post on Feed My Starving Children, a non-profit organization that feeds "starving children". There's a giveaway, with the purpose to spread the word about FMSC.

Sophisticated Steps

Liesl said...

So excited for your new direction and congratulations on over 1,000 followers...Woo Hoo!!! I just love all the wonderful things you do for others...GO YOU!

Liesl :)

Heather Mullin said...

So sorry about your knee! Keep us in touch with what they say! It does sound like meniscus! I had to have surgery! We will pray not!

The kids doing those blankets...so precious! That would be cool if SHINE could do that. The stuff isn't that expensive and it would mean the world to the people in Mexico! :)

Have a great day girl. Stay off that leg!

courtiebeth said...

Please tell me how I can send some to you, or send some to where you're going. I have made these for a while for my kids, friends, etc., but would love to make some for children in need. I might even host a party to make them. Let me know!

Sara @ Mom Endeavors said...

The blankets are great! What a wonderful idea! Sorry about the knee though. I've dislocated my right knee twice, so I have a lot of sympathy for knee injuries! Not fun at all. Hope it's not too bad.

Sarah said...

I feel so inspired by all the work you do.
It makes me proud to follow your blog.

I wondered if you could give me any tips or ideas of how I can help, in similar ways. I live in the UK you see.

Thankyou xx

sarah.davis47@yahoo.com

Unknown said...

Such a wonderful idea. You truly are inspiring.

Bailey Schneider said...

OUCH!! Oh that is NOT good!! Lots of rest, keep your leg raised and I'll pray for a speedy recovery!

I LOVE this... We do a blanket drive in South Africa. Since Winter is on it's way for us, we're gearing up for this too!

Much love, Vanilla Blonde

HettyA said...

Sorry about your knee! Hope it heals well. And yes your bandage totally makes the outfit ;)

So great that your youth group did that. I love it when people take time to notice those in need! Can't wait to see the pictures.

Cyn said...

This is amazing! I know those kids will love the blankets. Thank you!

Unknown said...

i love this idea of making the blankets...way to shine!!! i have done the 'project linus' which is an awesome blanket program too!

hope your knee is better soon!!

Hilary @ Hilabeans said...

wow, I am always so inspired by your posts. You have so great ideas. Congrats on the 1,000+ followers, you deserve it! :)

xox Hilary

Anonymous said...

So sorry about that, hope it gets better soon! That sounds like a great cause, there are so many causes you could've join but you choosing to help people in my coutry makes me love you and your blog even more, plus they are super cute!

<3 Cess O.
The Outfit Diaries

Michelle said...

You are so inspiring, I love it! SO happy you've reached over 1000 followers! That is amazing and you deserve it! Everyone should know about The Shine Project. Tomorrow I'm posting about a cause that is near and dear to my heart I hope that you will check it out!

http://missblondiexoxo.blogspot.com

Chelsea said...

You have such a sweet heart! I love love love this!

Gentri said...

Oh my goodness, your knee sounds so painful!! Knee's scare me because they're so fragile. I hope it's nothing too serious and you get better REALLY soon!!

Those blankets are so cute and I can't wait to hear about the trip. :)

Congratulations on the 1,000 followers and I'm excited to hear the new direction!

Candace said...

First of all ouch. Second, I think you are amazing. What wonderful things you do. You rock girly!

Lauren Caldwell said...

Sorry to hear about your knee! I hope the doc doesn't have bad news for you!

Love your youth group helping out orphans in Mexico ... Can't wait to hear about the trip!

xo! Lauren @ tickled.

Alli said...

That's fantastic. I made pillows of a similar style one time to donate to the local Salvation Army. They're a great gift. Plus you picked out cute styles for the blankets!

Congrats on 1000 followers. You're amazing girlfriend!

Megan said...

Congrats on 1000 followers! I hope that you get great news on your knee!

Kelly said...

Congrats on 1000 followers, I'm so glad your amazing message is reaching so many people! The blankets project is a wonderful idea.