photo 1-1.jpg photo 2-1.jpg photo 1-new.jpg photo 2-wear.jpg photo 3-insp.jpg photo 4-meet.jpg photo 5-contact.jpg photo 6-adv.jpg photo 2-2.jpg photo 3-1.jpg

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Tuesday Teaching: The Whistling Wave

A couple of the items that got me through the day...
Thank you, trusted lipstick, for curing my dry lips due to this winter weather.

Photobucket

Tuesday Teaching.
One of my most favorite things is teaching my fantastic kids at the highschool.
I've officially designated Tuesdays to recap any events that are noteworthy.
And trust me, there are many.

The demographic at the highschool makes this story even better.
65% Hispanic
25% African American
3% Asain
Caucasian Blondes: Me.

Today I was walking up the stairs to get to my classroom.
All of a sudden,
whistles started from down the courtyard,
and made a "wave" like effect down to the students that were directly by me.
I kept walking up the stairs, and the whistling and howling
got louder. and louder. AND LOUDER.
A couple teachers passed me on the stairs,
looked at me in shame,
and just laughed.
I felt so awkward.
But, I guess that's what happens when
you're the only blonde girl in the entire school.

Now on to thrify finds.
See that fantastic pendant and gold bow pin above?
My mom owns an estate sale business.
I found them as I was rummaging through old jewelry
at one of their current houses.
$1 total. I'm just not mad about it.
Any thrifty finds for you this week?

20 comments:

krisandkel said...

Oh my!! You surely must stick out among the rest! You probably could write a book on being the only blonde!

Great thrifty finds! And for a dollar?? Can't beat that!

<3 kris&kel
www.krisandkel.com

It's A Love Story said...

Lol thats crazy, you probably have alot of fun stories!!

I love your shoes!

Carly S. said...

So you're a highschool teacher, huh? You're a brave soul, girl. I love my little 5th and 6th grade babies.

So glad you found my blog! I'm now your newest follower. :)

x

lauren brimley said...

Hi Ashley! I am so glad you stopped by my blog! Yours is so so so darling! *following now*

Renee said...

That's something I don't like about being blonde: everybody sees you..

L'Amour et la Paix said...

Thank you for the sweet comment! I'm loving your blog too! xo

http://lamouretlapaix.blogspot.com

Miss Amy said...

Feel free to invite me to another "rummaging through estate jewelry session"!!!! :) You look adorable with your hair up. Love it!

Studio 13 said...

Too funny! I don't know how you teach high school kids! Love the pendant! ~Blair

Stefanie D. said...

Hello there! I'm glad you found my blog. :) I am quite enjoying yours so far!

heather said...

Hi Ashley! I am so glad you found my blog and thank you for the comment. :) I'm now following you too!

I can totally relate to being a standout in places, considering I'm a redhead! Cheers to be our own unique selves, hair color and all!

Can't wait to read more. xoxox

la petite fashionista said...

loving your beautiful blog & writing from the heart! the pictures from your sister's wedding are the images little girls dream of :)

following your blog!
xoxo

Ramsey said...

I'm not surprised...you are gorgeous! And the wedding pics below...stunning! What a beautiful family. I am loving the creativity of the wedding. Seriously obsessing!

Serena said...

You are totally gorgeous and your hair looks FAB like that- wish I could pull off a topknot!

thanks for stopping by- you have a great blog
http://www.materialtherapy.blogspot.com/

x.S

xx said...

$50 to swimspot if you are interested.
http://ddianakangg.blogspot.com/2011/01/its-giveaway-time-oh-yeah-oh-yeah.html

xx

Hayley said...

Funny story, just found your blog and you are TOO CUTE!

karly from [kar[+]wade] said...

hey! sorry i took so long to write back! If i show you the codes for it, it wont show up in a comment....it will just go blank! maybe find me on facebook -karly leavitt- and ill send you a message with the code in it!!

Sweet Laundry said...

You are so lucky your mum owns an estate sale business! You get first dibs on all the good stuff. Everytime there is an estate sale in my neighbourhood I have to wake up super early and wait in a long line. Before I get inside, all the good stuff is gone :(

morgan said...

love your outfit and hair!

kELLY said...

love the bun, baby!

Sarah3ahary said...
This comment has been removed by the author.